CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Editing two tables with grids

Print topic Send  topic

Aaron

Posted: 03/08/2004, 4:02 PM

Howdy all. I am in quite a quandary on how to do what I think should be a fairly simple task in CCS using PHP and mySQL. Here is what I have:

I have a database with several tables. The two that I am trying to work with right now (and hope to be able to apply the ideas/concepts I learn with these two to the rest) is a table of individuals and a table of addresses.
The individual table has, as you can guess, the names of the individuals. First, last, nickname, title, prefix, suffix, etc. In the address table I have fields like street1, street2, city, state, zip. The individuals table has a unique ID row called indID. The corresponding row in the address table is entityID. The two rows, in the separate tables have the same id number, used as the common link between the two tables.

That's the background; here's what I'm trying to do.

I've setup a search page so that a user can search by first name, last name, city, state or zip. What I am having a horrible time getting to work, is after the results are displayed, and you click on (say I made the link in the results be the LAST_NAME), the detail link to edit the information, I cannot get it to pull in the address information to the add/edit form.

What I end up with when I click on a search result is either all the address information or all the individual information (depending on how I setup the search) but I can't get both to show up in the same grid or even on the same page, so the user can edit both and send it back to the database to be updated.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated. I've searched the forums and the help, but nothing I've tried seems to help.

Aaron
View profile  Send private message
martha
Posted: 04/25/2004, 8:39 AM

8-):(:-):*):-/:-{}:-X:-O:-@O:):-P:-<:-(:-|;-)
Quote :
timetables
life

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login