CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Fields are disappearing when errors are shown (onValidate)

Print topic Send  topic

Dirk
Posted: 02/22/2004, 2:54 AM

On my record form I have some textfields and checkboxes I use to trigger some events (arfterExecute). Those fields are not shown in Editmode, so I put them in <!-- BEGIN TextBox whatever --> ...<input...>...<!-- END TextBox whatever> tags. On the beforeShow event I set the visible-property (true, false depending on Record->EditMode)

I valdidate those values in the onValidate event and, if the values are not accepted, add an error to Record->Errors. This works just fine and the errors I added are shown together with (for example) CCS-generated error messages on required fields.

the problem: When the form is shown with te error messages, all the fields I put in <!-- BEGIN...>...<!-- END...> tags aren't shown anymore! Their Visible property still seems to be 1, so that's OK.

Anyone ?
dirksamson

Posted: 02/22/2004, 3:37 AM

And the same thing happens 'the other way around'; fields (links in this case) that I set invisible in the beforeShow event of te record are shown if the record is shown with error messages!

Posted: 04/15/2004, 9:49 PM

I just submitted a support request on a very similiar problem, I have one text field on a record form that is suppressed when EditMode is true, this works fine, but I have to validate it, so I added code in the OnValidate event which validates only when EditMode is false (add mode), but it does not work, in diagnosing the problem, it appears that the EditMode flag of the form is always one in the OnValidate event, so, it cannot be used to do either what I want or what you want. If you found a solution to your problem, let me know, it will probably help me also.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login