CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

error BC30175

Print topic Send  topic

Ted
Posted: 01/27/2004, 6:53 PM

Ok guys. I am building a site in vb.net. I cant get anywhere. Here is what I am doing. I build a page called header. Do all I want to do to it. I publish the page and view it and it looks fine. I then go back and make the page includable. When I do that and try and publish again I get this.

Generating "header"
Generating Common Files
Running:
C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\MakeAll.bat C: C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\
=======================================

C:\Documents and Settings\Theodore Tomita III>REM _MakeAll @1-70CD426B

C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\vbc /rootnamespace:Frontend /t:library /out:bin\Frontend.dll /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Web,System.Xml,System.Data,System.Drawing /r:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll,System.dll,System.Web.dll,System.Xml.dll,System.Data.dll,System.Drawing.dll /recurse:*.vb
Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322.573
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2002. All rights reserved.

Error:C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\header.aspx.vb(24) : error BC30175: class 'headerPage' and class 'headerPage', declared in 'C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\header.ascx.vb', conflict in namespace 'header'.

Public Class [headerPage]
~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend>REM _End MakeAll
Output

Error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Theodore Tomita III>REM _MakeAll @1-70CD426B

C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\vbc /rootnamespace:Frontend /t:library /out:bin\Frontend.dll /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Web,System.Xml,System.Data,System.Drawing /r:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll,System.dll,System.Web.dll,System.Xml.dll,System.Data.dll,System.Drawing.dll /recurse:*.vb

Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322.573

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2002. All rights reserved.

C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\header.aspx.vb(24) : error BC30175: class 'headerPage' and class 'headerPage', declared in 'C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend\header.ascx.vb', conflict in namespace 'header'.

Public Class [headerPage]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\DOCUME~1\THEODO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~Frontend>REM _End MakeAll

=======================================
Build finished
peterr

Posted: 01/27/2004, 7:15 PM

To resolve technical issues please contact our support at http://support.codecharge.com.

For now it looks to me like the compiler is finding duplicate instances of the same files or classes (class 'headerPage' and class 'headerPage'), probabaly because you previously generated this page as non-includable and it is still being picked up by the compiler. Try deleting the files from your Web folder and temporary folder (shown above), or in CCS Project Settings -> Publishing select "All files with extensions" and press F9 to republish the whole application.
Our support should be able to help you further.

View profile  Send private message
Ted
Posted: 01/27/2004, 7:48 PM

I did What you said and that did not work. Do you have any other ideas. I sent the problem to the support link listed last night but they still are not sure or atleast have not gotten back to me with a repair. I got a message saying they were working on it but figured that someone here must have run into the problem before. If nothing else can someone try and see if they are getting the same problem. Maybe i have something setup wrong or maybe there is something else I can do. I am desperate right about now. I am really running behind here. Thanks to anyone that can help

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login