CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> CodeChargeStudio.Discussion

 ASP or .Net? which is better...

Print topic Send  topic

Author Message
kesh
Posted: 12/08/2003, 6:12 PM

Hi All

I wish to Buy CodechargeStudio Personal Edition which comes with One
pre-selected language.

Can any one help me which one is better & why?

Awating reply

Kesh



DonB
Posted: 12/08/2003, 7:06 PM

Which one do you know better? If you are jumping in with no priors, go with
ASP - it's going to be easier for you to pickup. Unless you absolute must
choose one of those two, you might even be better off jumping into PHP
because you'll find it's more often supported by web hosting companies.

Then there's the ultimate question - what do you plan to do with it?

--
DonB

http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth


"kesh" <NoJunkmail@Please.com> wrote in message
news:br3b2l$scs$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Hi All
>
> I wish to Buy CodechargeStudio Personal Edition which comes with One
> pre-selected language.
>
> Can any one help me which one is better & why?
>
> Awating reply
>
> Kesh
>
>
>
>

kesh
Posted: 12/08/2003, 8:45 PM

Hi

> Then there's the ultimate question - what do you plan to do with it?

I want to develop Web data application and need to change HTML/images at run
time depending upon some conditions.

Which one gives better control on HTML , Respoce time(ASP 3.0 / ASP.Net)?.
Easy to learn.. not techo giant

PHP I found hard to code and people say's it work good with only MySQL but
when It comes to ODBC ?

Kesh


"DonB" <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message
news:br3e76$e9$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Which one do you know better? If you are jumping in with no priors, go
with
> ASP - it's going to be easier for you to pickup. Unless you absolute must
> choose one of those two, you might even be better off jumping into PHP
> because you'll find it's more often supported by web hosting companies.
>
> Then there's the ultimate question - what do you plan to do with it?
>
> --
> DonB
>
> http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth
>
>
> "kesh" <NoJunkmail@Please.com> wrote in message
>news:br3b2l$scs$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > Hi All
> >
> > I wish to Buy CodechargeStudio Personal Edition which comes with One
> > pre-selected language.
> >
> > Can any one help me which one is better & why?
> >
> > Awating reply
> >
> > Kesh
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

DonB
Posted: 12/09/2003, 12:31 PM

PHP os fine with ODBC (such as with an Access database). MySQL is sort of
the "native" database for PHP, or at least seems to be the one most often
used. MySQL runs on Win2K also, so that's no problem (and it is really easy
to setup).

I found .NET to be harder to figure out that either ASP or PHP and those two
are about the same so far as I have seen.

Response time is going to be a function of the server, load, resources and
network bandwidth more so than whether it's ASP, .NET or PHP. I have a
Linux server with Apache and MySQL and it's pretty doggy running PHP (233mHZ
and 128MB memory) compared with my 300mHz 128MB Win2K/IIS/ASP configuration.
Not horribly worse, not enough so for me to spend a lot of time trying to do
something about it. Someday, I will probably get some beefier CPUs and
double the memory.

--
DonB

http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth


"kesh" <NoJunkmail@Please.com> wrote in message
news:br3k14$7d1$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Hi
>
> > Then there's the ultimate question - what do you plan to do with it?
>
> I want to develop Web data application and need to change HTML/images at
run
> time depending upon some conditions.
>
> Which one gives better control on HTML , Respoce time(ASP 3.0 / ASP.Net)?.
> Easy to learn.. not techo giant
>
> PHP I found hard to code and people say's it work good with only MySQL but
> when It comes to ODBC ?
>
> Kesh
>
>
> "DonB" <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message
>news:br3e76$e9$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > Which one do you know better? If you are jumping in with no priors, go
> with
> > ASP - it's going to be easier for you to pickup. Unless you absolute
must
> > choose one of those two, you might even be better off jumping into PHP
> > because you'll find it's more often supported by web hosting companies.
> >
> > Then there's the ultimate question - what do you plan to do with it?
> >
> > --
> > DonB
> >
> > http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth
> >
> >
> > "kesh" <NoJunkmail@Please.com> wrote in message
> >news:br3b2l$scs$1@news.codecharge.com...
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > I wish to Buy CodechargeStudio Personal Edition which comes with One
> > > pre-selected language.
> > >
> > > Can any one help me which one is better & why?
> > >
> > > Awating reply
> > >
> > > Kesh
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


   


These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login


Powered by UltraApps Forum created with CodeCharge Studio
Copyright 2003-2004 by UltraApps.com  and YesSoftware, Inc.