CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Add Calendar Builder

Print topic Send  topic

Rick

Posted: 01/20/2004, 7:16 AM

Add Calendar Builder with the ability to display returned database rows as a calendar with monthly, weekly or daily views. Database row is placed on appropriate calendar day based on date and time in database row.

I have worked with Lotus Domino and it has had that feature for years. Came in handy alot for events, todo lists, meetings, etc. I would think most other serious development tools now have this.

Rick
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 01/23/2004, 2:26 PM

This feature is being planned.
lneisius

Posted: 02/17/2004, 12:58 PM

What do you mean by "This feature is being planned"? In the past CCSupport said there were no plans for a calendar form or any type of builder. I have many hours in developing a calendar within CCS and am currently working on the builder, wasted time if CCS is working on it!

This is why YES needs to publicly make a statement on the SDK and what is has planned. Programmers spend a lot of time in developing add-ons for lack of a better term, like the datepicker and the WYSIWYG editor. CCS added the datepicker and said they would not be working on a WYSIWYG editor, Is this also now in the plans?
Rick

Posted: 02/17/2004, 5:01 PM

I agree it would be good to let us know what is planned as soon as possible and it seems to me that is beginning to happen in the 'Wishes' now that YES is taking an active role in participating in the forum.

I for one think the forum is far more valuable now with active YES participation. It compliments the high quality email support nicely. Thank you, thank you Peter and YES for this. I appreciate it and am reminded of it every day as I comb thru the forums.

Please do keep the calendar feature in the plans. The whole idea is to prevent every user with having to spend many hours to develop commonly needed features. Having used software with this valuable feature and using it in a high percentage of applications it is the one feature I miss dearly. As I said in my original post I used and have a current need for this feature for events, todo lists, meetings, etc. I suspect that if you never had this feature you simply do not realize how valuable it can be - it really professionalizes these types of functions.

Rick
peterr

Posted: 02/25/2004, 7:23 PM

Hi,

As much as I would like to offer you a list of planned features, this is not information that we can officially disclose. Most companies do not disclose their plans or features until the Beta release, and even during the Beta period they require signing NDAs. I've personally had to sign such NDAs on numerous occasions. Therefore I can only confirm just several of those features that are approved and planned for the next major release of CCS. However, it is best to assume that if many users ask for something than it can be considered useful and will be planned. There should be no surprises that we want to improve our product, whether adding the Calendar feature, or other requested features, either now or in the future.
Please keep in mind that we do not yet have any specific dates for the version 3.0 release or even the Beta. Therefore discussing it at this point makes as much sense as discussing the features of version 4.0 or 5.0. We could just agree that everything is being planned. :-)
Though at this time "planned" means that a feature is on our list just like most other features requested here, but in this case with a higher priority.

I'm sorry that I cannot clarify too much (if anything). In fact a lot can change before any major version is finalized. If our support told you in the past that we do not plan the Calendar component, this shows you how fluid such development is, especially in the early stages.
This is also one of the reasons that we usually do not confirm or provide a list of features. Sometimes you hear about "vaporware" when companies promise something and never deliver. This only shows how complex and time-consuming the software development process can be, with unexpected delays and changes in plans are no exception. Possibly this is one reason some companies avoid to be added to the vaporware-list, by talking about realistic goals once they become realistic. The IP (Intellectual Property) protection is also a reason why most companies won't disclose their plans until they obtain proper legal review of their planned technology, occasionally needing to license something from 3rd party, or file for patents themselves.
Therefore I can only confirm plans for some of the features being requested via this forum. I can also confirm that the Calendar feature was added to 3.0 plans only recently, when we saw an increased number of requests for it, possibly on the day when I posted the above reply.
I hope that making progress with CCS development and preparing another major version is a good thing though :-)
Tc
Posted: 03/02/2004, 2:30 PM

What is the timeline for this feature?
Is their a third party that has this worked out?

THANX
Tc

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login