CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Dependent List Boxes

Print topic Send  topic

Sean
Posted: 01/07/2004, 7:06 AM

Has anyone found a solution to this? I tried the example on the CodeCharge website, but I am still having problems.

My project background: (ASP, Access 2000, CCS 2.2)
I have a grid form that has customer information. When I click the customer name (referenced by CustomerID), it takes me to an update form where I can change the information. In this update form is; First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone, etc, plus Make and Model (for what type of automobile they own). The Make and Model labels are actually list boxes. Model is (or
should be) dependent upon the Make value in the first list box.

Ex. When I select "Ford", the second list box should populate only Ford Vehicles.

When I select my first list box, the screen refreshes and the second populates with the desired data, but then the first list box does not keep it's original value. It returns to "Select Value" status.

Also, since the screen refreshes, it takes out the CustomerID parameter that I need in the address bar (CustomerID=###). Without this, I cannot make the change to the record that I am trying to make.

Can I get this done without refreshing? I don't mind the additional trips to the server. Or, if it has to refresh, how can I keep the needed parameter?

I will provide any additional info if needed.

Thanks.
Ken Hardwick -CC/ASP
Posted: 01/07/2004, 3:03 PM

I've been using JSRS remote scripting with my CodeCharge (not studio) with ASP.
Works great.

You can download/read more about at :
http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/jsrs/select/php/select.php
Sean
Posted: 01/08/2004, 6:43 AM

Ken, thanks for that link. That is exactly what I want to do. I downloaded the examples files, but do you have a project file that shows how you integrated it with CodeCharge? I'm just not sure how to use that with a pre-built form and be able to write it to my database.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login