CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Code Charge Studio and Customizable Themes

Print topic Send  topic

Srinivas
Posted: 12/30/2003, 8:47 PM

Hello

I have read most of the posts here related to themes and how people had attacked the problem of having the user selectable themes. It is all nice to see how many ways to solve one problem. Cool!!!

I am also trying to solve a similar issue, but in my case I would like to make even the HTML pages part of the "theme". This makes the entire theme truly customizable as per the theme designer. Yes, it is possible in most of the themes the HTML templates doesn't change - but having a mechanism like this provides a more generic approach of having truly "skinnable" themes, imho.

I am about half-way thru making this work for one project I am working on right now. Some of it is a hack, but from there I am sure I can generalize it and use some of the techniques I found on the forum. Here is one question I have for folks who might have gone thru the way Template mechanism work with in CCS.

The "Template" class is responsible for loading the templates. Does any one play with modifying or extending this template class to change its behavior? Especially I would like to "load" a template and REPLACE any occurance of certain TAGs globally before handing the 'template' to the PAGEs. For example, if I have {skin} as my theme-tag, I would like to replace this tag at the time of LOADING the template and then hand over the modified "CONTENT" to the PAGE for further processing.

Can this be doable? Is it done before? Thank you in advance.

-Srinivas
`RonB
Posted: 01/01/2004, 7:51 AM

You do not state the language you are using.

You can use the set tag action to do exactly what you describe. I use it in on of my products to set the background in a page. The user can choose a background in an admin page and after submit it will show the background on all pages. If the tag you set ({skin}) is present on several locations of the page the value will be set for all those tags. Is that what you were thinking of?

RonB

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login