CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Search Grid Please Help :-)

Print topic Send  topic

jlo
Posted: 12/30/2003, 3:22 AM

Hi All,

Im sure this is really simple for someone, I have a page with search grid and results grid. When I open the page the results grid seems to fire for all data from the table, I only want to display results once the search button is clicked and not on opening the page.

Im new at this but if someone can tell me where in the code this takes place that would be a great help, Im looking for the ASP version of a workaround. I thought it might have something to do with hiding the form but because there is so much data I would still get a timeout without an initial parameter which is whats happening, I beleive I need to display results only after a query 'Search' button is clicked

thanks in advance
JLo
Edd
Posted: 12/30/2003, 1:22 PM

jlo,

On the grid's parameters try to find a default value where if the are no parameters, nothing will display.

Alternatively, you could simply hide the grid (see hiding controls in the help) and only show the grid when a parameter is passed.

Jope this helps

Edd
[www.syntech.com.au]

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login