CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

New project for CCS is it possible??

Print topic Send  topic

rmassey

Posted: 01/13/2004, 9:37 PM

I am new to CCS and I wanted to throw this out there to see if CCS has the ability to do a project I am working on. The basic idea is to have CCS build a form based system with routing forms through the database and having vp approval etc... The routing would get the data from our HR system and allow the form creator to create the form and it auto routes to their manager. The manager approves disapprove and then it sends it to their manager or VP/President. After the last person namely the VP or Presidents approves it. The form is routed to its department owner for final processing. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...
View profile  Send private message
rmassey

Posted: 01/13/2004, 9:39 PM

Continuation for the above...

I would also like to have user settings such as emailing the user if the form has been approved and or if the form is sitting in an inbox for over 24 hours. Also to give the user the ability to tell the system that they are on vacation and to forward the form to their manager automatically. It seems like CCS may can do something like this. I just need a kick start. I think if the database structure is built if the appropriate tables ie tbl_inbox, tbl_newhire_form, tbl_changeofstatus_form, tbl_req_form, and tbl_usersettings etc... are setup then basically I would need to build data grids for each page maybe? How could I get the routing to work??
Thanks again...
-Robert
peterr

Posted: 01/14/2004, 2:04 AM

Yes, this can be done using CCS and we utilize such mechansim (workflow) for tracking our development tasks.
In a basic implementation you can create "Before Insert" and "Before Update" events for your form where you would place the code that changes the value of the "assigned_to" field based on the rules that you specify.
Of course you can create more complex system with many features, For example you can hide the "approved" checkbox from users who are unauthorized to approve the document, you can dynamically build the "Assign To" ListBox so that the user can assign the form only to certain other users, etc.

You could start with our "Task Management" example/solution and for example implement your routing mechnism in the TaskRecord page.
However, your requirements look more complex and as you noted you may need to spend some time creating the database first.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login