CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Server 2003 Issues?

Print topic Send  topic

N Brooks
Posted: 12/30/2003, 9:37 AM

Anyone having them?

I seem to be having trouble keeping myself logged in. I go to a secure page, I get the log in, I log in and get redirected to the secure page. I make my change and hit submit, and I have to log in again.

Was working perfect with NT4 and server 2000.... upgraded to server 2003 and NONE of my ASP generated programs work.

If anyone else is having this problem and has been able to solve it.... please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.
Natalie
Steve Ebbrell
Posted: 01/01/2004, 6:34 PM

First let me say that I am using 2003 with Apache and PHP without problem.
I read that in Server 2003 Timeout’s have been tightened up, obviously this doesn’t affect Apache but it will affect IIS. Try setting your ASP application’s Session Timeout as this will override the IIS setting.
See http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=25208

Steve…
steveewels
Posted: 01/09/2004, 4:23 PM

I've ran into this problem AND it appears to NOT be either a .net or .asp problem as I've seen the problem on both lanuages. I've also noticed the problem on both win2k server as wellas win2k3 server. This is a HUGE problem for two of my clients and I'm not sure what to do about it. I've seen it logout users ever 5 minutes.

My suspicion is that this has to do with the webhost servers being overloaded and causing IIS resets. The IIS resets cause the session information to be lost. If lost, it causes the session information to be lost and thus causes the users to be logged out. I'm becoming very flustered with this issue right now. I am thinking of building my own webhost system to host my clients aps because the commercial hosts are unstable. Is there anyone who has found a solution to this problem. If so, please reply!!
steveewells
Posted: 01/17/2004, 5:39 PM

I've learned more. For my webhost, it was two things. One was the memory allocated to IIS was too smal causing IIS resets. Fixing the memory allocation helped. Also, be sure they have the session service running, my was disabled on my host. Not sure why it worked at all, but the drop outs have killed us
RoskO

Posted: 01/19/2004, 11:44 AM

steve, what webhost are you using?

I have found that nexpoint.net is a good host, they always seem to be rippin fast for me and don't have much downtime at all. Also, they very rarely overload their servers. I do my own .NET hosting but I'm not near as large of a shop as them.

Just a recommendation, hope it helps.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login