CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

From CodeCharge to Frontpage

Print topic Send  topic

Steve
Posted: 12/28/2003, 6:20 AM

I'm curious, I've been playing with CodeCharge a little, and am curious how to get the generated pages into FrontPage to be published. Do I need to import all the files? Just the HTML files?

Can someone give me a direction to go on this?

Thanks very much!
Steve
Ed Moss
Posted: 12/28/2003, 8:12 PM

Steve,
I'm new to CCS, (bought it 6 weeks ago) and have come to rely on it heavily...
If you installed CCS properly, when you open Frontpage, you'll see a CodeCharge menu. Most, if not all, CCS functionality is available from within Frontpage, but I haven't seen a way to publish and /or edit CCS pages / sites in a way that will flow back to FrontPage.

Additionally, to the best of my knowledge, the server publishing process in CCS relys on ftp only. Once you configure the project to publish to the server, you can open and edit your HTML templates, or other code pages in Frontpage, if you'd like.

Personally, I find CCS within Frontpage to be less convenient to use than CCS itself. There really doesn't seems to be any integrated functionality between the two programs. After I publish using ccs, I use FrontPage to integrate my FP designed pages with the CCS pages I've just published....

Best of Luck with CCS - It is a great tool, once you learn it!

EBM
Nat H
Posted: 12/29/2003, 5:49 AM

Steve,

I use the following process to develop applications with CCS and use frontpage for the supporting web site design.

1. I create an empty web (local) using frontpage.
2. I create my project in CCS assigning it the same name as the empty web.
3. I assign the publishing url (Server URL and Path URL) to point to the empty web site.

The above allows me to develop and test the site using CCS functionaltiy and publish the resulting files to the frontpage web site. Once I am satisfied that the application is functionig as designed, I simply launch the web site in frontpage and do my html work.

Once I have completed the html work, I use the publishing functionality of frontpage to publish the site to the internet.

The only down side that I have experience is that you will overwrite your html files on subsequent work in CCS. I manage to avoid this by renaming the html files created by CCS and renaming them after I complete subsequent work in CCS.
kOUKOU
Posted: 12/30/2003, 12:15 AM

:-) :( :-D 8-) :*) :-/ :-{} :-X :-O :-@ O:) :-P :-< :-( :-| ;-)
TESTTESTTESTESTTESTEST DSDAS DSADSD

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login