CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

GotoCode ODBC error

Print topic Send  topic

BrendenP
Posted: 12/22/2003, 12:26 PM

I have downloaded the employee list application (PHP4). I have have open Mysql, and created a database called EmployeeList with all the information. I have now turned around and edited the common.php per the instructions:
========================================
define("DATABASE_NAME","employeelist");
define("DATABASE_USER","user");
define("DATABASE_PASSWORD","password");
define("DATABASE_HOST","~Server IP~");
========================================
When I attempt to execute the default.php, I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: odbc_pconnect() in apps:/intranet/site/BPTest/Employee/db_odbc.inc on line 35

What exactly do I need to change in the db_odbc.inc? I have not changed the file from the original format:
================================
function connect() {
if ( 0 == $this->Link_ID ) {
$this->Link_ID=odbc_pconnect($this->Database, $this->User, $this->Password, $this->UseODBCCursor);
if (!$this->Link_ID) {
$this->halt("Link-ID == false, odbc_pconnect failed");
}
}
}
================================

Any Help would be appreciated. IF I could get this to work before the end of theyear, we may end up purcasing the software.
Johann
Posted: 12/22/2003, 12:39 PM

Well, your version of PHP does not have ODBC support. You have to install a PHP engine that has been pre-compiled with ODBC or that has the ODBC extension installed.
EMG
Posted: 12/22/2003, 1:57 PM

You want to set the project/settings/connection to use MySql (db_Mysql.php) instead of ODBC.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login