CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

wysiwyg (Bill Noble's)

Print topic Send  topic

Rene Rene
Posted: 12/11/2003, 9:28 AM

Hi all,

Using: CCS 2.2.4....ASP/XPpro/Access/IIS 5.1

Installed Bill's wysiwyg editor, installs fine, I get the toolbox, I've read the manual, but at my livesite I get errors allover. Error description always: Object expected (Object verwacht (in dutch)). What could be the problem? I'm already trying FCKEditor, but would rather use Bill's component.

I'm somewhat of a novice,
Can someone help,

Thank alot,

Rene
Sean
Posted: 12/11/2003, 9:38 AM

I am using it, and it works fine with mine. View a demo here: www.bestitsupport.com/ccsforum

Click on the forum.

Do you have the hidden htmlsource in the same area as your editor? Do you have rteditor folder in the root of your project?

Sean
rene rene
Posted: 12/11/2003, 10:47 AM

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your quick response!
I have the following setup:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myhomepagefolder\rteditor and also tried:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rteditor
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myhomepagefolder

Created a recordform,

field1: title
field2: article (made article "invisible") and renamed it to htmlsource.

Then dragged the editoricon to a row wich I inserted above article field.

No errors until I publish, then error in line 303 "object expected"

What I'm I missing?

Thanks,

Rene
Sean
Posted: 12/11/2003, 11:21 AM

Rene,

Move the htmlsource hidden field into the same row as the editor textbox and see if that helps.
Rene Rene
Posted: 12/12/2003, 2:31 AM

Hi Sean,

Tried putting it in the same row. It looks to me like IE can't "digest" the code. I've got IE 6 up to date. Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm using a table and in that table I create a recordform. So what I mean is: a table inside a table? I desperately want this to work, it would look very professional and "clean".

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

TIA,

Rene
Sean
Posted: 12/12/2003, 5:37 AM

Rene, did you build the table with the builder, or did you try to do it manually? I think you need to do it with the builder if not. Create a new page, then you will see a tab for rteditor, and go through the steps.

Rene Rene
Posted: 12/12/2003, 8:54 AM

Hi Sean,

I build a table with CCS to use as a "layoutframework" for the page.

So, start a new page, choose editor type, etc. On the live page everything shows up, but I'm unable to type in the "editorbox" I see the buttons (bold, underline etc.) but if I go over them with my cursor, boom, error, "object expected, do you want to debug?" It should be so easy and i'm pulling my hair out to find it.

Will keep trying,

TIA,

Rene
Bill Noble
Posted: 12/12/2003, 9:08 AM

Hi Guys

Sean is right about needing to create a new page using the “Editor Page” Builder.

The builder creates all the links and action scripts which are required for the Editor to work correctly.

For example:

<script language="JavaScript" src="rteditor/wysiwyginc.js"></script>

and the “editoropent” & “editorsubmit” client events.

Best Regards
Bill
Rene Rene
Posted: 12/16/2003, 8:49 AM

Hi Sean and Bill,

First of all: Thanks.

Got it working. One thing to keep in mind, I used a premade layout, (made one in a text editor, and used it in the path for a new page in CCS). When I tried that, the wysiwyg editor did not include all the code I needed. So I removed the path to the layout, created a new page (blank) through the "Editor Page Builder" and everything worked like a charm.

Thanks again for all your help,

One Very Happy User,

Rene

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login