CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Advanced Development

Print topic Send  topic

AnubisSyst
Posted: 12/08/2003, 9:54 PM

I have a general developer question.

I program in ASP, and I am often finding that I am having to go into the Common Code or the main code of a page (not the event code) to tewwk it.

I was wondering if this is something that other developers need to do - or am I choosing the hard way to do things.

I was interested to note that I could generate my own events from within the code.. like an AfterShowRow on a grid, and also turning a standard grin into a true form with Submit capabilites.

Just Curious

Dave

Si Cranmer
Posted: 12/09/2003, 9:32 AM

Dave,

Need to be more specific about "Advanced Development". Its mainly down to how you approach each task. I created stuff in CC and only had to adjust the code for a few things. In CCS I can honestly say I have only once had to adjust the code.

Si.

PS Maybe I am just not working it hard enough.
lneisius
Posted: 12/09/2003, 10:39 AM

I would say it depends on what your looking for in a final product. I've modified nearly all of the common task dealing with users, security, as well as a couple of special task. The initial code would seem to deal ok with a basic site, but if your adding any kind of strength to the security or capability(s) to the application it would seem the basic code is a little weak. So yes you do have to modify the common files to achieve some capabilities. CCS is very strong for creating pages with records, forms, and grids with dynamic capabilities beyond any other app available today.
Si Cranmer
Posted: 12/09/2003, 2:03 PM

Actualy lneisius that is what I meant to say. I too have substantualy modified the common and classes but all within the CCS application. However thats it there is only once I have had to modify the code produced by CCS.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login