CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

New to this

Print topic Send  topic

wingnut144
Posted: 12/06/2003, 6:56 AM

I just came across CodeCharge, and wanted to ask a question. If working with PHP, is it easier to create forms and have data stored to MySQL using CodeCharge or to write everything in PHP?

Are there examples on how to do this somewhere?

Thanks,
Steve
RonB
Posted: 12/07/2003, 8:32 AM

"is it easier to create forms and have data stored to MySQL using CodeCharge or to write everything in PHP? "

Codecharge is an inmense timesafer for exactly that. And it does much more. I've been using codecharge from before studio was launched and I shudder to think how much more time I would have spend when writing everything by hand.

Ron
wingnut144
Posted: 12/10/2003, 1:19 PM

Where is the best place to get information on how to create forms, etc that will store info into MySQL?

Thanks,

Steve
RonB
Posted: 12/12/2003, 1:36 AM

I'm not sure what you mean. Codecharge studio is in my opninon the best for stuff like this because it will take the table stucture and practically create the form for you. All you have to do is state what kind of controll you want for the form fields (textbox, list etc).

If you want information on how to do this without codecharge you are asking the question in the wrong forum.

Ron
VBAjedi
Posted: 12/12/2003, 2:17 PM

Steve,

CodeCharge Studio is very powerful - it automatically creates many of the forms you need, and gives you a running start on forms you have to customize. You point it to your MySQL dbase, tell it what tables you want to use, and it will spit out view forms and edit forms for each table in a matter of seconds. On a database with a number of tables this can easily be 20,000 lines of working code. Awesome!

BUT

The learning curve is steep. You need a good grasp on the language you plan to use (PHP in my case), and particularly on object-oriented-programming with that language, if you want to be able to tweak CodeCharge forms. I didn't have a good grasp on either, and it has taken me months (on the side, not full-time learning) to begin to get comfortable in the CCS environment. Getting the program set up and running can be tricky, and that is compounded greatly if you add in general language ignorance.

Overall, definitely worth taking a hard look at this software. I'm betting heavily on it because I think my current struggles will pay off big (as they are already starting to).

Good luck!

VBAjedi

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login