CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Date Picker and OnChange Event

Print topic Send  topic

Peter K
Posted: 12/01/2003, 9:28 AM

I have a text field and associated date picker object (by the way which works perfectly and I thank those who created date picker). When the text field is filled by date picker, the onchange even does not trigger thus the javascript will not execute. Any ideas on how to force the javascript code to execute? Using PHP4 and CCS 2.2.2.40.
cr
Posted: 12/02/2003, 8:50 AM

I had the same problem. I put a call to the javascript in the onblur and onchange and it seems to work now. The onchange is called when something is entered in the textbox and the onblur is called when the date picker is used.
Peter K
Posted: 12/02/2003, 10:31 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I posted this a few months ago but at one point, it seemed to start working. I built another page using the exact same logic and it's not working again.

I did a search on the internet looking for information on the HTML onchange event. I found a couple articles that seem to have the same problem when a text field is filled by a javascript event. Onchange won't trigger. The onblur should definately work since it is not text dependant but object dependant.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login