CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Two columns, different tables

Print topic Send  topic

Hein
Posted: 11/19/2003, 11:35 AM

In the project I'm currently working on I need to do the following:
For a number of (safety) measurements in my company they want to see in one column what the target is (which is set every year) and in the next column they want to see this month's performance. So what I have done is created two tables, one is TargetYearly, the other ActualMonthly. I now want to display both tables side by side. So the TargetYearly will contain a record for the year 2004 for a certain business unit (there are about 10 business units). ActualMonthly will contain a record for the month Jan 2004 for the same business unit. Can I put these side by side? Any help greatly appreciated!
Hein
Posted: 11/19/2003, 11:42 AM

In addition to the previous post, I need to be able to edit the monthly figures, but not the yearly target figures...
ryan
Posted: 11/19/2003, 3:09 PM

Of course, however your screen layout might be ruined :(

Putting grids side by side

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td>
<!--Begin Grid1-->
<!--End Grid1-->
</td>
<td>
<!--Begin Grid2-->
<!--End Grid2-->
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Or based on your specification it can be one grid only without having to nest HTML tables, that means using INNER JOINS :)

Your previous post indicates something about finding the record based on 2 parameters. Actually CCDlookup only works for one parameter, similar to ASP.NET's ExecuteScalar.

You can however create a function for that inside common.asp

function LookupTable_2_params(param1,param2,thedesiredfield,thedesiredtable)
dim RS,SQL,thefield
SQL = "SELECT "&thedesiredfield & _
" FROM " & thedesiredtable & _
" WHERE (param1="¶m1&")" & _
" AND (param2="¶m2&")"
SET RS = YourconnectionName.Execute(SQL)
IF NOT RS.EOF THEN
thefield = RS(0)
END IF
RS.Close : SET RS=Nothing
LookupTable_2_params = thefield
end function

and you can call this using

yourvariable = LookupTable_2_params("'param1'","'param2'","thedesiredfield","thedesiredtable")

:)
Nicole
Posted: 11/22/2003, 4:45 AM

Hein,
I think that you can create the Editable Grid based on the detail table (months table). Using the CCS Template technology you can insert the additional table cell for each target year. You can refer to the following article that demonstrate how it could be done:
http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=57
The difference is in you case you should use Editable grid and add the table column instead the table row.
Hope it helps
RonB
Posted: 11/24/2003, 9:06 AM

Are you getting the actual performance straight from another database or are you getting the performance numbers amnualy and have to insert the in the table you mentioned? If you can get them straight from the database I'd suggest adding a label and doing a before show event that get's the performance numbers from the database using a query.

Ron

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login