CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

help grid, record on same page

Print topic Send  topic

navneet
Posted: 11/01/2003, 12:38 AM

using ccs, asp

where do i specify not to generate the grid if someone has clicked on the link in the grid to edit the record. then the resultant page should show only the record for editing.

and then upon submitting the record after validation where should i specify to activate the grid genreationa and disable the record section.

ALSO IF ANYONE CAN TELL HOW TO GENERATE GRID AND UPON CLICKING THE LINK, THE RECORD CAN BE EDITED ON THE ROW OF THE GRID ITSELF.

THANK YOU PPL FOR ALL THE HELP U WILL GIVE.
ryan
Posted: 11/01/2003, 1:59 AM

either you use editable grid for simplicity as i can see your asp plus ccs 'desires' is only achieved by ASP.NET editable datagrid :(

"RECORD CAN BE EDITED ON THE ROW OF THE GRID ITSELF"

Yep it's ASP.NET editable datagrid
navneet
Posted: 11/01/2003, 9:53 AM

Dear Ryan

Thanks for the help, i know we can have editable grid in asp.net, it is possible in asp also

but the problem is the grid has all records available for editing. i want only one at a time and that too the one that has been selected.

there was an example of the same in codecharge studio, but i am unable to find it.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login