CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

IE timeout

Print topic Send  topic

Stefano
Posted: 10/31/2003, 12:37 AM

I'm using Apache-Php 4.2.0-Oracle 8.
A page developed with CCS 2.2 have two little forms and an editable grid with few hidden fields.
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer the time to show the page is acceptable.
The problem born when i have a lot of rows in the editable grid (approx 100): IE receive the page in few seconds but it still wait for somethings an extra 30 seconds.
If i use another browser (Mozilla) it works good without the 30 seconds of extra time.

The original code is:

//Show Page @1-3EBAE126
$CercaDistinta->Show();
$IMP_KBOM->Show();
$Distinta->Show();
$Tpl->PParse("main", false);
//

I tried to parse 2 times the page:

//Show Page @1-3EBAE126
$CercaDistinta->Show();
$IMP_KBOM->Show();
$Distinta->Show();
$Tpl->PParse("main", false); // original
$Tpl->PParse("main", false); // added
//

and of course i have the page shown two times but i don't have the 30 seconds extra.

Someone can help me?

Thanks
RonB
Posted: 11/01/2003, 7:56 AM

limit the number of rows shown on one page. If the grid shows 10 rows for example of the 100 this hould cut the time substantialy. I do not think there's somthing in the code because you would then have the same problem in mozilla and you state that it is not present there. It looks like it's a IE problem and well..... That's Microsof(t).

Oracle is a lot slower then Mysql for example and the waiting game is something I had to put up with as well when working with oracle. It's a great database but all those fancy features sure take their toll on speed.

Do you use an odbc connection or oci8 in php to connect?

Ron
Stefano
Posted: 11/03/2003, 6:45 AM

The problem was the javascript code in the editable grid.
In fact on each row of editable grid there are 3 textboxes with an uppercase function on the onchange event.
I wrote the textbox function using the CodeCharge Events Properties - Client side - On Change Event.
Using this solution CC run the scripts in the javascript bind_event() function.
When the page is loaded start the event window.onload that runs bind_event() that runs more then 300 little scripts.
The result is IE stopped, 100% use of CPU of client for 30 seconds.

Now i run the script directaly from onchange event of textbox and it works very well.

Thanks for your advices.
RonB
Posted: 11/03/2003, 1:36 PM

"I wrote the textbox function using the CodeCharge Events Properties - Client side"

And mozilla did it without a glitch? Well that oughta tell ya something :-)

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login