CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

What are the hardware requirements for setting up an edge computing infrastructure?

Print topic Send  topic

Charlesdevis

Posted: 07/06/2023, 12:56 AM Quote message

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in setting up an edge computing infrastructure and I'm wondering what the hardware requirements are. I've done some research and found some information that I think will be helpful. Here are some of the key hardware needs for edge computing:

Ruggedness: Edge computing hardware must be rugged and able to operate reliably in harsh environments. For example, if an edge computer is deployed in an oil production field, it must be able to handle exposure to extreme heat, dust, and debris.

Sufficient storage: Edge computers must have adequate storage to collect, analyze, and process data.

Rich connectivity options: Edge computing hardware must have rich connectivity options to enable effective edge computing.

Wide power range: Edge computing hardware must have a wide power range to enable deployment in a variety of environments.

High performance: Edge computers must be high performance to meet the performance requirements for the tasks they will perform.

Security: Edge computers need to be secure to protect against cyber threats.

CPU and GPU: CPUs and GPUs are critical for edge computing.

There are several hardware devices available for edge computing, including Nvidia Jetson, Particle, Google Coral, Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and Intel NUC.

I hope this information is helpful. If anyone has any additional insights or recommendations, please feel free to share them.

Thanks!

Read More: https://www.lenovo.com/jp/ja/servers-storage/solutions/edge-computing/
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login