CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Is YesSoftware over? What is the future of CodeCharge Studio?

Print topic Send  topic

fcostapb

Posted: 12/10/2021, 4:03 AM

the directors of the YesSoftware company should pronounce on the future of the company, is the company over? Will the company continue to maintain the product? Will another company take over the legacy CodeCharge Studio software?
These questions have to be answered and even in the form of a good relationship with its customers, YesSoftware must be transparent in its actions.
View profile  Send private message
fcostapb

Posted: 12/25/2021, 2:46 PM

The end
rbaldwin

Posted: 01/06/2022, 9:29 AM

I think that the amount of time since last update/patch speaks volumes.
If you think they are still supporting this product then i have a bridge i'd like to sell you.
ccsminer

Posted: 01/14/2022, 8:52 PM

Sadly, it appears to be the end.

Good idea to close this message board down as well, and all product purchase/support links.

It was a great ride while it lasted.

ckroon

Posted: 02/08/2022, 1:47 PM

Not the end.. check the FB group

Posted: 03/16/2022, 8:45 AM

Given the war in Ukraine, yes codecharge is finished.

Codecharge played a significant role in my career from 2002 to 2021.

While Codecharge may still work it is a dead product.
acedrummond

Posted: 03/26/2022, 12:46 PM

I've used CCS for a very long time (more than 15 years) and it has worked very well for me. The lack of upgrade to new versions of php and new enhancements (i.e. bootstrap) is really telling as to the future of this software.

I just don't want to find myself facing the extinction/ end of life of php 5.6 on host platforms one day and having to scramble under the gun. While this may be a future concern I don't want to face it.

I've tried a lot of different IDE platforms and until recently nothing I've tried was to my liking.

I've recently started experimenting with phprunner 's latest version and it is pretty powerful and seems easy to learn. It is different, but so much more powerful. There is also an asprunner by the same outfit.

I think I tried phprunner some years ago and it was not cutting it for me, but this latest version seems to have some strong legs.

Support is alive and responsive too! There is a free 21 trial available as well.

It is worth looking into if you have not already found something else.

I would like to hear if anyone has recently tried this product recently and their experience with it?

Posted: 03/29/2022, 11:34 AM

I've used CCS from the start, and it's worked very well too.

I'm using it only for asp (not asp.net) sites. The good thing about asp is that, since it hasn't been updated this century I haven't had to worry about it being unsupported on servers.

However, CCS does cause me some difficulties. It's always been liable to crash on certain uncommon functions. The "features" feature was always risky for me. Currently it will crash when trying to search all files, or when setting a sort order on a data source. I can cope with that for now: CCS will run for days if I avoid those features. The worry is that it might start becoming unstable with core functionality.

Unfortunately asp doesn't have many alternative RAD programs as php does.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login