CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

I would like Life Cycle Information and Release Cadence

Print topic Send  topic

fcostapb

Posted: 09/30/2019, 4:44 PM

I have been a CodeCharge Studio (CCS) developer for over 15 years and lately I see with great sadness that the tool is slowly falling into obsolescence. I believe everyone in the forum will agree with me when I say that CCS is an excellent RAD development ide, a much more important tool for software factories or for fullstack developers like me, it's not tool dependency but being able to develop and develop. have time for social life and have a few beers with friends.
Well, I have the latest version of CCS (5.1.1.18992), well, what I would like to see from YesSoftware is greater transparency in publishing their releases and how often, allowing developers to plan our migration scripts for new ones. features of the released version. Publishing intermediate releases would also be a good practice with developers so we can test / evaluate and even collaborate on improvements to the tool when releasing its final release.
I think this is the question we all ask ourselves and yessoftware what is the future of YesSoftware's CCS, from which we acquired the tool. The company does not speak through its communication media, as it has been moving away from them.
I would very much like a return because I consider CCS an excellent tool and would not like to see it closing its life cycle. Yes, I hope YesSoftware can demonstrate its full potential and strength to return to the market.
View profile  Send private message
ccsminer

Posted: 09/30/2019, 7:55 PM

Quote fcostapb:
I have been a CodeCharge Studio (CCS) developer for over 15 years and lately I see with great sadness that the tool is slowly falling into obsolescence. I believe everyone in the forum will agree with me when I say that CCS is an excellent RAD development ide, a much more important tool for software factories or for fullstack developers like me, it's not tool dependency but being able to develop and develop. have time for social life and have a few beers with friends.
Well, I have the latest version of CCS (5.1.1.18992), well, what I would like to see from YesSoftware is greater transparency in publishing their releases and how often, allowing developers to plan our migration scripts for new ones. features of the released version. Publishing intermediate releases would also be a good practice with developers so we can test / evaluate and even collaborate on improvements to the tool when releasing its final release.
I think this is the question we all ask ourselves and yessoftware what is the future of YesSoftware's CCS, from which we acquired the tool. The company does not speak through its communication media, as it has been moving away from them.
I would very much like a return because I consider CCS an excellent tool and would not like to see it closing its life cycle. Yes, I hope YesSoftware can demonstrate its full potential and strength to return to the market.

I hope the same as well - such an exceptional development tool should be continually supported and improved.
DonWolli

Posted: 10/06/2019, 11:46 AM

I agree with you, we asked this question several times ... witout success :( :*)

Posted: 10/07/2019, 12:55 PM

test, i tried last week to reply but just got an error
fcostapb

Posted: 11/11/2019, 9:33 AM

I'm a friend I'm expecting that they deliver a new version, because I have many projects in php and jsp that I maintain and / or developed. Today I am having to create work around to touch my development.

Quote ccsminer:
Quote fcostapb:

I hope the same as well - such an exceptional development tool should be continually supported and improved.
saseow

Posted: 11/11/2019, 8:10 PM

Totally agree!!!!!
yefriccs

Posted: 11/22/2019, 10:37 PM

Yes, I have been a CodeCharge Studio developer for over 12 years.
It is the best RAD I have found.
I use asp classic, and I had challenge Angularjs experts and Asp MVC experts, while I get a complex CRUD in one day, they expend a week.
And the deploy that I make is only 3 files in a seconds. The deploy in that framework is complex.
It is a shame YesSoftware do not take advantage of they knowledge and make a new version in NodeJs.
There is a niche for develop internal apps in must of companies, with basic html and support in Api's.

Posted: 11/25/2019, 1:42 AM

Hello

i think the same... I am also very sadly seeing that this software is EOL.... The last version (adapt to php7) arrived when I talk with support and say them that I was ready to buy an new licence in case of new compatible version with php7, and they do it... but no news since this last version. I still use it in some project that not require a lot of html5 (BO for exemple) but it's not ready/friends for other things...

Also hope that what I think (CCS is EOL) is not the case, but.... not have a lot of hopes.
ccsminer

Posted: 11/25/2019, 3:44 PM

As long as this forum is active, we'll be optimistic. :-)

Have tried other RAD generators on the market, but none are as good as CSS in terms of
features and flexibility.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login