CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

What is happening with yessoftware?

Print topic Send  topic

DonWolli

Posted: 12/20/2018, 7:12 AM

DataDoIT, I think the focus has changed to: how to use CCS with PHP 7.x despite the 'noanswer policy' from yessoftware

Posted: 12/20/2018, 2:08 PM

Postings about other RAD frameworks are intended to be positive only - CCS may glean information about these tools in (hopefully) future updates - making an already great product even better.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Years to Everyone. :)

View profile  Send private message
solesz

Posted: 12/27/2018, 2:02 AM

More or less the same staff is working on the following products:
- Codecharge
- Artisteer (now end of life)
- Themler
- Upage (now Nicepage)

All products are similar in one way: they are all code generators. As far as I know there are individual development for those products, but under different company name there is a big overlap in the development staff.
Themler users are also suffering lack of development on their products.
In the last few years Upage was the flagship for the developers, then every other product development nearly stopped. Now Upage/Nicpegae is out, I think development forces can go back to other products too.
solesz

Posted: 12/27/2018, 2:06 AM

-= Duplicated, content deleted =-
DonWolli

Posted: 01/05/2019, 3:29 AM

Did anyone try to make CCS 4.3 ready to run with PHP 7.2?

We have hundreds of programs made with CCS 4.3 ....

Posted: 01/05/2019, 3:30 AM

**double posting - DELETED**

Posted: 01/05/2019, 3:33 AM

Dear DATADOIT, its quite simple:
CCS Users visit this forum and Yessoftware does not tell us something about CCSs future. PHP 7.2 comes quite fast now annd CCS does not work with it. So users talk on what to do, we all have the same problem ...

Posted: 01/05/2019, 3:35 AM

Posted: 01/05/2019, 3:36 AM

Posted: 01/07/2019, 6:21 AM

Have a look at the PHP7.3 demo here:
http://ec2-3-82-165-202.compute-1.amazonaws.com/EmpsGrid.php

Not seeing the listbox values issue you're reporting. CodeCharge doesn't
appear to be the inhibiting factor.
advcomputer

Posted: 02/08/2019, 5:50 AM

I have reached out several time to l who owns CCS and Themler by email and phone and there has been no reply.

My concern is not so much ccs 5.x, I have used it for years and know where it's bugs are but the compatibility with php 7.X and it seems if there server that authenticates license goes down, ccs stops operating. The whois data for yessoftware is only for another few months, then unless they renew thats it.

advcomputer

Posted: 02/08/2019, 5:51 AM

I have reached out several time to l who owns CCS and Themler by email and phone and there has been no reply.

My concern is not so much ccs 5.x, I have used it for years and know where it's bugs are but the compatibility with php 7.X and it seems if there server that authenticates license goes down, ccs stops operating. The whois data for yessoftware is only for another few months, then unless they renew thats it.

advcomputer

Posted: 02/08/2019, 5:52 AM

advcomputer

Posted: 02/08/2019, 5:53 AM

ccsminer

Posted: 02/09/2019, 3:31 PM

Quote advcomputer:

Appreciate the update . . . we'll see. :)

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 02/14/2019, 1:45 AM

Wouldn't eat either of them.
Pepsi is better than coke.

ckroon

Posted: 03/01/2019, 6:22 AM

Any updates? This has me concerened to say the least.

Posted: 03/03/2019, 6:04 PM

As long as the forums are active, there is the possibility of future updates. :-)
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 03/04/2019, 9:49 PM

Why not borrow from some of the other frameworks? One reason for using CCS is you are a windows person and that is OK as long as you keep praying forgiveness. Just kidding. Have a look at Yii framework or Laravel or Symfony or Codeingniter and perhaps just use their CRUD generators to give yourself some nice generally applicable responsive bootstrap templates and copy them into your CCS project folders apply them as your HTML templates. Then just build your forms, grids, etc inside the bootstrap div's. It really is that easy and I had a look at Wappler and others and that is all they are doing...
End of the day it's all open source. Then maybe get some ideas from tanother MVC folder hierarchy.

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 03/04/2019, 9:50 PM

removed f@#$Kn duplicate GRRRRRRR

tfertil

Posted: 07/25/2019, 6:25 PM

Hi everyone. Due to troubles not directly related to CCS, but to PHP 7 and SQL Server drivers not working in CCS, I was slowly migrating my projects to other tools.

I'm finally putting down the switch on CCS. Great tool, I'm still emotionally attached to it. But no updates for 4 years left me spending weeks just to try, without success to run with PHP 7.2 and SQL Server, used by a majority of my clients base.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
kirchaj

Posted: 07/26/2019, 11:11 AM

Will you share what other tools you are using?
GeorgeS

Posted: 08/21/2019, 10:59 AM

A few days ago I came across a profile of one of the former leading programmers who used to work on CCS development.
I sent a question to him if CCS is dead and he confirmed it.
A few years ago he and most of the dev. team members got new jobs and the guy has doubts if the dev. office in Simferopol still exists.

Posted: 08/21/2019, 11:00 AM

A few days ago I came across a profile of one of the former leading programmers who used to work on CCS development.
A few years ago he and most of the dev. team members got new jobs and the guy has doubts if the dev. office in Simferopol still exists.

Posted: 08/21/2019, 11:01 AM

Posted: 08/21/2019, 11:02 AM

Posted: 08/21/2019, 11:03 AM

Posted: 08/22/2019, 12:37 PM

Quote GeorgeS:

If this is true - - why are they still providing active links to selling CCS products on their website?
ccsminer

Posted: 08/22/2019, 12:53 PM

Hopefully, someone who knows first-hand on the status of the company can respond back to this forum - to remove any doubts on the status of CCS.
First Prev Page 2 of 2 

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login