CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Dependent Radio Button

Print topic Send  topic

laneoc

Posted: 02/06/2017, 12:59 PM

I have two radio button controls. The second control's list of options is dependent on the selection of the first.

I have used CC's tool for building dependent List Boxes. Does anyone have a tip on how to create dependent radio controls?

Lane

Posted: 02/11/2017, 11:40 PM

@laneoc - I haven't done dependant radio buttons, but I suspect it's similar to the list boxes - you just want to adjust the HTML returned to the div.

Or you can use the radio button properties and clear/repopulate them (again, I've done this for listboxes but CCS uses a similar method when populating all lists)

See the Example pack item "Dynamically Modify the "List Of Values" of a ListBox" and check the code used when populating using an SQL datasource.

Cheers

Eric

laneoc

Posted: 02/12/2017, 9:52 AM

What can I do it have the list refreshed after a selection is made - without having to refresh the page?

Posted: 02/12/2017, 6:58 PM

If you are using the Dependant listbox, it will create a service that passes the value from Listbox 1 to the service, returns the results, and populates the options for Listbox2. That's all the Jquery and not refreshing the page.

After you have done that, I would look at the retrieved data (it might be a HTML List of options generated in the service, or a json list of details) and then see if you can insert that where you want the radio buttons to appear.

You might change the Listbox 2 into a radio button after doing the setup, and then you can insert the results from the service into RadioButton2.

I have also used the Service wizard to return a HTML list of data and then edited the service so it put the results into listbox groups - so the service and Listbox2 don't know the difference they just stick the HTML in the right place.

Let me know if you want an example and I can probably whip one up tomorrow.

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login