CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

PHP 7.0

Print topic Send  topic

Dorin

Posted: 10/20/2016, 3:33 AM Quote message

Hello,

Is there a chance for a project to run on PHP 7?

Regards.
View profile  Send private message
mamboBROWN

Posted: 11/06/2016, 8:58 AM Quote message

Assuming that you have the current version of CCS and that you started building your project in PHP 7 the answer to your question is Yes.
Dorin

Posted: 11/06/2016, 11:41 PM Quote message

Thanks.
phpGeek

Posted: 11/17/2016, 4:13 PM Quote message

it says its compatible but its not... you will have to replace a lot of the code..
cleyan

Posted: 12/25/2016, 8:27 PM Quote message

Yes, is compatible like most of old php code,
but you will need to disable the E_DECRECATED alerts on php.ini or in php code (maybe on Common.php) that's because most of php code is "old fashion" and YesSoftware don't seem to want a real upgrade of the product,
as an example all classes of CCs use the name of the class as constructor instead of __construct() method as php7 recommend

Good luck!
www.leytec.net
ccsminer

Posted: 01/27/2017, 5:58 PM Quote message

Quote cleyan:
but you will need to disable the E_DECRECATED alerts on php.ini or in php code (maybe on Common.php) that's because most of php code is "old fashion" and YesSoftware don't seem to want a real upgrade of the product,
as an example all classes of CCs use the name of the class as constructor instead of __construct() method as php7 recommend

Good luck!

When you mean "old fashion", are you saying that CCS generated code for older versions of PHP (i.e. 5.2.x) will still run as expected under a newer version of PHP (i.e. PHP 5.4.6) ?

eratech

Posted: 02/11/2017, 10:36 PM Quote message

Quote ccsminer:
Quote cleyan:

Good luck!

When you mean "old fashion", are you saying that CCS generated code for older versions of PHP (i.e. 5.2.x) will still run as expected under a newer version of PHP (i.e. PHP 5.4.6) ?

@ccsminer - that's my reading of it, and I've done a little testing on PHP 7 and many of the 'old' code will work (mostly) but will raise DEPRECATED errors.

Of course, the solution would be to update the PHP function templates that CCS uses to generate code but I don't know if that's going to happen.

I include my own set of functions as a separate file and use them instead of the built in ones if I need to.

Eric
(Sorry for the late reply. Took some time off forums and non-work related internet etc during January.)
JayEdgar

Posted: 04/06/2017, 12:26 PM Quote message

Quote eratech:
@ccsminer - that's my reading of it, and I've done a little testing on PHP 7 and many of the 'old' code will work (mostly) but will raise DEPRECATED errors.

Of course, the solution would be to update the PHP function templates that CCS uses to generate code but I don't know if that's going to happen.

I include my own set of functions as a separate file and use them instead of the built in ones if I need to.

Eric
(Sorry for the late reply. Took some time off forums and non-work related internet etc during January.)

Eric, would you be willing to share your functions?

MamboBROWN, do you have any suggestions for someone who has a large project in v 4.3 and needs to convert it to 5.1?

Thank you,

Jay

Add new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login