CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CodeCharge 4 on Windows Server 2012 R2

Print topic Send  topic

enforcer-99

Posted: 09/29/2016, 8:28 PM

I've had no problems running CodeCharge 4.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 until the past few weeks. Up until now the only thing I had to avoid was touching the Active Server dialog which would crash it instantly. Now it crashes regularly even performing simple operations like adding form controls. I tried porting to CodeCharge 5 but it butchered my application so bad I had no choice but to stick with CC4. Now I've reached a bit of an impasse. I can't move forward (easily) and I can't stay where I am.

Honestly - I'm starting to second guess my decision to use CC for this project. I guess I'll have to do a CC5 port and see if I can't get it working if YesSoftware is putting 4.3 out to pasture (which apparently happened some time ago).

The party is over!

Chip
View profile  Send private message
enforcer-99

Posted: 10/01/2016, 6:21 AM

Sorry - I guess I should have stated a question:

Is anyone aware of a way to increase the stability of CC 4.3 on older platforms? I know it is not supported.

If I must move to CC5 - my biggest challenge is that I did a lot of development using third-party CC add-ons from the now defunct CodeChargeTools.com. Since those tools are not supported on CC5 - this breaks a significant portion of my application. Any thoughts about how to overcome this?

solesz

Posted: 10/03/2016, 11:04 AM

Hi,

As we all know, the ccstools site is not maintained anymore.
I have never purchased a single tool from them, but the API for 4.3 and 5.1 has to be similar.
If you send me one of the tool I will take a sight on it, to evaluate the migration possibilities.

Cheers,

solesz
enforcer-99

Posted: 10/05/2016, 4:59 PM

Another tip for anyone using CCS on Windows Server 2012 R2. Be sure to check the DEP (data execution protection) settings. CCS will crash unless it is excluded from DEP or you set DEP to check on Windows System files.
ccsminer

Posted: 10/07/2016, 8:34 PM

Another option - one I use is to run ccs within a VM(Windows 7) , and then upload the generated code to a target host ( Windows 2012 R2).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login