CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Local CCS 5 Install Issue

Print topic Send  topic

ab5ni

Posted: 05/13/2016, 10:37 AM

Hey Folks,

Used xampp for a quick LAMP setup to test my CCS code locally. Have a friend trying to access my site remotely. He gets the standard login prompt and password, but after they're entered correctly, all the page does is refresh and he's stuck at the login prompt again. I'm pretty sure this is a permissions problem with either windows or mysql, but I've tried mucking around with both and not having much luck. BTW, I can access the site fully and see all the pages and tables. This just seems to be a remote problem. Any ideas on what I need to take a look at, guys?

TIA,

View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/15/2016, 1:06 AM

Maybe something to do with storing session variables...

And permissions on the storage folder...

ab5ni

Posted: 05/16/2016, 9:21 AM

Hi Michael,

Quote MichaelMcDonald:
Maybe something to do with storing session variables...

And permissions on the storage folder...

Not sure what it is, dude. I've been messing around with it for a few days, and it's still acting the same way. I'm sure I could resolve the issue quickly if it was on a Linux box. I'm not too familiar with Winblows 10 UAC. It seems pretty straight forward, allowing SYSTEM, admin, or other account types read, executable, and write access to folders and files. I alter those settings and it still does the same thing. The xampp install says there could be issues with UAC (User Access Control) and that it can be turned off to get things to work, but I'm not too sure that would be a very good/smart thing to do :D.

BTW, I've also made sure Apache, PHP and MySQL (MariaDB) are setup correctly -- or so I think they are :D -- and I find it quite interesting that I can't find any info on this particular setup and solutions to problems on this topic. (Maybe I'm searching Google for the wrong stuff. Shrug.)

I'm thinking that the next logical step would be to dump Apache and give IIS a try, but I'm not as familiar with it as I am with httpd.

Randy

ab5ni

Posted: 05/16/2016, 10:37 AM

Well, I asked my end-user to try and enter a fake user name and password at the login prompt to see what kind of error it would report, and this is what he got:

Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in C:\xampp\htdocs\db_mysqli.php on line 337 Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in C:\xampp\htdocs\db_mysqli.php on line 337 \ufffcLogin\ufffcLogin or Password is incorrect.LoginPassword

I guess I could try editing the PHP file, but that would be a pain. I guess I could install a different version of MySQL, but I'd really like to see this work with the current version of CCS when I import an old project.

Oper

Posted: 05/16/2016, 11:10 AM

i am positive this is folder permission for session Variable
(This is not a CCS issue)

The deprecated Warning is because you have turned on the display message for Warning in PHP

is somthign like error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

PS: I'm not a PHP person its just a thought on old experience

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
Oper

Posted: 05/16/2016, 11:54 AM

Also why Use XAMPP install PHP for Windows and Install MySQL

Please do backup first
DataDoIT
Posted: 05/16/2016, 1:29 PM

If you're using the latest CCS (18992) switch to using Improved MySQL
for the connection instead of just MySQL. Republish the entire project
to your XAMPP.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/16/2016, 2:55 PM

They are warning messages, not fatal errors.

The MySQL escape string messages often relate to this line in classes.php first appearing at line 1808:

$FileMask = preg_replace("/(\\*|\\?|\\\\|\\^|\\\$|\\.|\\[|\\]|\\||\\(|\\)|\\{|\\}|\\+|\\-)/ei", "\$meta_characters['\\1']", $FileMask);

-and the lower case e is the trigger.

By default the xampp php.ini has this value for session_save_path:

session.save_path="C:\xampp\tmp"

And by default the timezone could be Berlin which might not work for you entirely either :)

ab5ni

Posted: 05/16/2016, 3:43 PM

Hi Folks,

Thank u very much for the replies! Instead of replying to each individual post, I'll address all of them here.

NOTE: Everything works just fine if I access things via localhost. My problem is getting a remote user to access the site/database. They type in their user names and passwords and nothing happens. That is, login.html is refreshed and asking them to enter their name and password again, over and over each time, if they persist :D.

@DataDoIT/Oper: For the "record" (pun intended :D ) , I had already tried using Improved MySQL and republished the entire project, and that didn't seem to make a difference (remotely), although I could have made some kind of mistake. Been away from CCS for a while, working on some embedded stuff. As far as using xampp goes, I had used it before for local installations under Windows with no problems, so I thought I'd try to see if I could use it again. Basically, I'm trying to let my fellow cohorts see what I'm working on locally so they can make suggestions on changes, etc.

NOTE: Everything works just fine if I access things via localhost. My problem is getting a remote user to access the site/database.

@MichaelMcDonald: Took a look at the permissions on "C:\xampp\tmp" and everything seems fine. PHP.ini says you can uncomment the line and it will use the system default, so I'm going to try that and see if it fixes things. I love to visit Germany, but not too sure that's going to work too well for my current setup :D.

Best Regards to All,

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/16/2016, 4:04 PM

On a local Windows PC that is the default.

Uncommenting to use the default applies when then is a hierarchy of php.ini's such as might be found on Linux hosting environment where there is a root authoritative php.ini and the opportunity for then further customising php.ini's depending on each customer individual requirements, the model is a little bit comparable to a Windows inheritable permissions structure.

ab5ni

Posted: 05/16/2016, 4:44 PM

Howdy Michael,

Quote MichaelMcDonald:
On a local Windows PC that is the default.

Uncommenting to use the default applies when then is a hierarchy of php.ini's such as might be found on Linux hosting environment where there is a root authoritative php.ini and the opportunity for then further customising php.ini's depending on each customer individual requirements, the model is a little bit comparable to a Windows inheritable permissions structure.

Gotcha. I know I can get things working by reinstalling MySQL and PHP individually, but now I'm at the point of insatiable curiosity which some might interpret as masochism :D. I'm sure I can get things going "no problem" on my Linux (CentOS) production server, but I'd really like to see if I can get this working on Windows 10. Once I get things going on Windows, I'm hoping that others on the web will find this discussion and it will help them to save a bit of time when using xampp.

The whole idea behind all of this is to allow remote users to check up on how things are going when doing development and have yet to upload everything to your production server. I also like to debug things locally before I commit things to the production server. It would be really nice if I can figure this out and get it going.

Best Regards,

Oper

Posted: 05/16/2016, 8:51 PM

a full print screen of the error will be nice

Please do backup first
DataDoIT
Posted: 05/17/2016, 7:32 AM

In the XAMPP Control Panel go and open up the Apache, MySQL and PHP logs
and look for the obvious first. Check the Apache access logs to see if
the remote computer is actually posting anything and then check the
error logs for the response.

Also check to see if Apache and MySQL are running as a service in
Winderz. Those services should be running as Administrator.

Make certain there's not another web server listening on your port 80.

Check your firewall in Winblows to see if it's allowing port 80 or
allowing the Apache service. There is a difference. Google for details
and choose a method to fit your situation.

Turn off Tomcat if it's not being used.

Pour your coffee with your right hand instead of your left, especially
on Thursdays.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login