CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

[RESOLVED] File Upload not working (Windows Server 2012

Print topic Send  topic

Chris__T

Posted: 12/29/2015, 3:13 PM

I had to migrate my CCS project to a new Windows Server 2012 server. Everything is working fine except for pages that I use the file upload option. When it tries to access these pages, it pulls up a 500 Internal Server error.

Could this be with something in ASP not playing nice with Windows Server 2012, or something else. Everything is in the same spot as previous server (in terms of file and folder locations). I was even looking at permissions an "Everyone" has rights to access the folders.

View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 12/29/2015, 3:58 PM

Chris__T - just to be sure - ASP is Classic ASP not ASP.NET?

Also, can you open the page with a browser on the server and run it localhost and set the debug info to show what the specific 500 error is?

You are right that it's probably a permissions error, with the IIS server user (used to be something like 'IIS_USER') need to have specific permissions. I would not recommend 'Everybody' have access as that could give anyone access that they shouldn't have.

Cheers

Eric
Chris__T

Posted: 12/30/2015, 6:03 AM

i tried opening on webserver as localhost and I got the 500 error again.

I'm not sure what debug info you are referring to. Are you talking about debug options within web browser? I've never used debug before

As for permissions, would those be set for the IIS_USER within IIS, or for specific folders on the hard drive?
eratech

Posted: 01/03/2016, 12:40 AM

Chris__T

If it's ASP.NET the you have web.config and you can set the DEBUG options to show you the full error message if it's on the server, instead of remote (normal users)

I'm very hazy on the classic ASP settings for Debug, but some options are here if it's IIS 7.x:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1138175/how-do-you-debug-classic-asp

Either way, you will need to find out what the 500 Error is actually having a problem with and you will need some details.

And if you are using Internet Explorer, see if the browser has an option for 'Friendly HTTP Error's and turn that OFF - so it might give you some more details.

IIS_USER would be settings on the specific folders (I haven't had to manage IIS since about version 6 so I'm a little rusty)

Eric
Chris__T

Posted: 01/25/2016, 9:41 AM

RESOLVED

Ok, I was able to fix this issue, going along the lines of the IIS_USER permissions and stumbled upon this...

some of my code has.. for file paths. Classic ASP Parent Paths let developers use relative addresses that contain ".."

ex. ..\dir\subdir\etc.asp

In IIS 6 and above, parent paths are disabled by default.

in IIS,
highlight site, then double click the "ASP" icon

Under the Behavior tab, Go to "Enable Parent Paths" and select True. Apply changes.

The other fix is to use virtual directories in your code.
eratech

Posted: 01/26/2016, 6:23 PM

Chris__T - thanks for finding and posting the solution.

I still have 1 app on Classic ASP so I'm sure to run into this at some stage.

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login