CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Record delete button deletes the entire table [SOLVED]

Print topic Send  topic

rbroder

Posted: 11/20/2015, 7:23 PM

I have a record form on its own page. I use a Grid form on a separate page with a link in the id field (primary key) of each record in the grid.

I used the record builder to create the record form. When I click the delete button on any record on the record form, all records in the table are immediately deleted.

I tried erasing the .php code page and republishing, but that didn't make any difference.

Any suggestions?
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 11/20/2015, 8:37 PM

I would just double check that the URL when the record form is shown actually shows the ID parameter and that the record form has the same name for the parameter in the 'Where' section.
rbroder

Posted: 11/21/2015, 2:19 PM

You are correct. Because I built the record page first, I forgot to set the WHERE clause in the form's Data Source property. Instead, after the fact, I wrote a procedure in the Before Select event to modify the WHERE clause. Even though this technically worked, the DELETE never got the message.

Interestingly, I discovered the mistake and fixed it just before I saw your response. Thanks anyhow for the interest.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login