CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Anyone up for a tutorial repository?

Print topic Send  topic

ckroon

Posted: 08/07/2015, 2:05 PM

So I am an avid user of CCS.. I love its ease and speed and I have a ton of components developed and maintained with it.

But I know there are tips and tricks I am not aware of. Things that could make my life easier or make my components that much better.

So I had an idea.. what if we set up a place where people can sell the tutorials they have made and get paid for them?

I know there are some people out there that have hooked CCS up with bootstrap and are doing amazing things with it.

If they made a series of short how-tos and posted them with a brief description and a price... ppl could paypal them that price, then receive the tutorial.

What do you folks think?

Posted: 08/07/2015, 2:23 PM

Just Open a Section Here in this Forum. will be easy and well located

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 08/11/2015, 3:52 AM

If the tutorial framework is cleverly structured it will attract contributors.

Not entirely sure if this forum can do that, though I am not saying it can't, might be how I see it.

Someone started a wiki and git hub a while back, might be worth following up....

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 08/11/2015, 3:55 AM

I would recommend an entire chapter to events and the sorts of things you do in them, and reasons why.
They play one of the very largest parts in logic execution structure.

Oper

Posted: 08/11/2015, 5:48 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CodeCharge_Studio

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
ckroon

Posted: 08/11/2015, 11:40 AM

What if we keep it simple?
We use the Tips and Tricks section.. post a link to the tutorial and then put a paypal donate button in the post as well.

Posted: 09/11/2015, 12:35 AM

Yep.

donate to me :-D

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 09/14/2015, 1:51 AM

I'm going to put something together over the next couple of months as a project.

I can see how a really powerful mvc type schema can be made using jquery and Codecharge php, but not using much of the built in jquery stuff as it is a little sketchy in areas.

The idea is based heavily on non-submit forms with jquery ajax POST of data to a single php page that runs all the insert, update and delete statements. POST back can trigger a refresh on a DIV.

Selects are still on grids, I found this today - which to me really makes this all now look possible ...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19957321/get-td-valu...ith-mouse-hover

I modified this from mouseover to click and it works...

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
$('tr').mouseover(function(){
var valueOfTd = $(this).find('td:first-child').text();
alert(valueOfTd); // Do here what you want with the value.
document.location.href = 'http://www.google.com/'+ valueOfTd;
});
});
</script>

So now we have a method of grabbing a label /link value straight from a Php grid row and if it's the DB ID can be AJAX POSt'ed to a page that sets it as a session variable or used in a php query. So no more CCGetFromGet required and no more id value in the url bar.

With the other jquery code I have I can now do an almost completely refresh free page - i still need to find a way to step through navigator pages without page reload.

I have validation ready to go with exception of a regex for passwords, I do have a regex for email, and have to develop how to handle validations that require dlookup type scenarios.

Looking at it like this, is almost a complete solution for database drive php/jquery pages.

I am keen to hear everyone else's ideas on what this MVC should look like, lets do it !

ckroon

Posted: 09/14/2015, 9:25 AM

Umm ya.. that is exactly the kind of thing I would pay to learn :)

Posted: 09/14/2015, 3:34 PM

:)

Donate to a good charity,

Dreamcatchers

Posted: 10/13/2015, 10:10 PM

I develop eLearning and would like to contribute. I like the idea of tips and trick in the forum or perhaps a section on Wikipedia.

I am currently converting a large project from CCS 4.3 to CCS 5.1
My approach is to re-write each program. This allows me to incorporate the new features of CCS 5
as well as correct the poor techniques that evolved from version to version while I was early in my understanding of CCS.

As I figure things out it would be a good practice to document them in a tutorial.

I recently had a "Back to the Future" experience. I was researching how to get tabbed tabs working. Then I googled an article that showed a very smart approach. Others seemed to like it as well. It was written by me 7 years ago. I completely forgot what I previously figured out. It took a while to understand my own article. This is due to writing from the point of view of knowing how it works instead of writing from the point of view of a tutorial.

This is why I think the idea of a tutorial is a good thing to do.

Posted: 02/07/2016, 3:01 AM

Quote MichaelMcDonald:
I'm going to put something together over the next couple of months as a project.
(Snip)

I am keen to hear everyone else's ideas on what this MVC should look like, lets do it !

Any progress or updates? I'm not a fan of strict MVC but interested in new and interesting ways of using CCS with new things like bootstrap and partial page posts. I'm sure there is a lot built in with the Remote DB updates but I haven't spent a lot of time playing with them.

Thanks

Eric
eratech

Posted: 02/07/2016, 3:03 AM

(deleted duplicate post)
Eric
Waspman

Posted: 06/08/2016, 3:25 AM

Quote Dreamcatchers:
I develop eLearning and would like to contribute. I like the idea of tips and trick in the forum or perhaps a section on Wikipedia.

I am currently converting a large project from CCS 4.3 to CCS 5.1
My approach is to re-write each program. This allows me to incorporate the new features of CCS 5
as well as correct the poor techniques that evolved from version to version while I was early in my understanding of CCS.

As I figure things out it would be a good practice to document them in a tutorial.

I recently had a "Back to the Future" experience. I was researching how to get tabbed tabs working. Then I googled an article that showed a very smart approach. Others seemed to like it as well. It was written by me 7 years ago. I completely forgot what I previously figured out. It took a while to understand my own article. This is due to writing from the point of view of knowing how it works instead of writing from the point of view of a tutorial.

This is why I think the idea of a tutorial is a good thing to do.

That's happened to me too. What interests me is if others, like me, are integrating CCS into a more current workflow. For example; I'll build templates in a responsive framework and use CCS to provide the data elements. CCS tries to keep changing the code, but the trick is only to work in HTML view.

Posted: 06/08/2016, 9:09 AM

Quote :
That's happened to me too. What interests me is if others, like me, are integrating CCS into a more current workflow. For example; I'll build templates in a responsive framework and use CCS to provide the data elements.

See..that is the kind of tutorial i am willing to pay for :)
What is this 'responsive framework' you speak of?

Posted: 06/08/2016, 11:57 PM

@ckroon - I suspect it's either Bootstrap 3 or Foundation as they are the 2 big ones at the moment, but there are a bunch of lesser known ones (ionic for mobile for example)

E
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 06/09/2016, 2:27 AM

We could use the codecharge wiki .... I do have of code php and query that can be posted.

Perhaps someone could moderate the wiki so that things went together with other things properly ?

ckroon

Posted: 06/13/2016, 4:25 PM

I would be more than willing to moderate a wiki.. but I have never done it before lol :)

Posted: 06/14/2016, 5:39 AM

I'm flat out with a massive new enterprise so time is scarce so if you would like to moderate that I will pull just about every bit of code I have out and try and drop it into the appropriate area of the wiki.

I might PM you every now and then if I require your guidance before inundating it ...

I'm just about finished a password hash using Blowfish - in the the On validate event to do the update query. It think it's safe because it's in the ccsForm array so it doesn't seem to drop anything in the header ... ?

eratech

Posted: 06/20/2016, 6:49 AM

MichaelMcDonald - am happy to check blowfish password if you want.

Eric
ckroon

Posted: 06/20/2016, 8:23 AM

Sure!
Thanks.

Posted: 06/20/2016, 1:34 PM

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login