CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Search using dependent listbox

Print topic Send  topic

luisbvasc

Posted: 07/21/2015, 12:53 PM

After select an option in the dependent listbox and click the buttom search, the field is cleared automatically. We don't understand why.

Posted: 07/22/2015, 1:55 AM

luisbvasc - can you provide a little more context for the problem?

Is the dependent listbox loading correctly? Are the Search results showing, and just the listbox being cleared?

I suspect when you are clicking search, you haven't ended up with the dependent listbox name and value in the querystring (CCS automatically sets any form fields it finds that match the querystring parameters, to save you some work)

Eric
luisbvasc

Posted: 07/22/2015, 4:37 AM

The dependent list box is loading correctly but, its content (value) is not being used in the query. The query is using just the content(value) from the master list box.

Posted: 07/22/2015, 2:22 PM

Does your search form or any other form on the same web page have Preserve Parameters (form properties) set to GET only, as opposed to GET and POST ?

View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 07/25/2015, 8:25 PM

You could also take a step back and confirm that the dependant drop down is actually sending anything, to isolate the problem. (That is, could the drop-down itself not be set correctly, and the fact that it's loaded differently just be confusing the issue)

I would suggest, in addition to MichaelMcDonald's suggestion of checking for the GET and POST settings, also just put some fixed values into the dependant dropdown (Source > List of Values) and check that selecting it will return correct values.

It could be that the drop-down list name is conflicting with another control, or the query isn't selecting the correct parameter for the drop-down, or you might have it set to get from 'Control' when it should be 'URL' (I've done that before)

It could also be something completely unrelated, such as confusion over the datatype in the query. I hate using dates in searches as I've had problems with them in the past and sometimes just pass them as text to make it easier.

Hope that helps

Eric
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 07/26/2015, 1:03 PM

Hey Eric,

I always store dates as text for searching, and if I absolutely need more precision I include an integer field for a TIME() entry that I can use in searches after doing a $date = strtotime($integer), followed by a date("d-m-y",$date) and injecting that into the date textbox...

View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 07/28/2015, 7:29 AM

True - that would work with the date or integer, but that is all PHP (nothing wrong with that). The project I'm on uses a combination of PHP, JS and MySQL and all have their own little perculiarities when its a date object or date string, or a URL encoded date passed to a report.

</whinge> ;-)

Eric ;)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login