CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Is Codecharge Still Be Developed

Print topic Send  topic

advcomputer

Posted: 06/04/2015, 1:17 PM

I was just wiondering if this codebase is still being upgraded / developed. It seems that last update was towards the end of 2013..

Any info would be appreciated.

Jeff
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 06/04/2015, 10:17 PM

I still get replies from Greg at the help desk so certainly hope so.
jamtc

Posted: 06/05/2015, 8:06 AM

We all hope so...

:-(
advcomputer

Posted: 06/05/2015, 9:12 AM

I would love to hear from a CCS rep saying yes, we are still developing the software..
-jeff
yusufakyol

Posted: 06/06/2015, 2:44 AM

We would love to hear from a CCS reply saying "yes" but we stop developing with CCS or use at minimal.
Best regards.
Yusuf Akyol.

Posted: 06/08/2015, 8:24 AM

Quote yusufakyol:
We would love to hear from a CCS reply saying "yes" but we stop developing with CCS or use at minimal.
Best regards.
Yusuf Akyol.

Hi guys,

All of us we hope in the future of CodeCharge; But , perhaps, the responsibles of YS (Konrad Musial in the head) they don't realize that this long and slow development of the things (we agree that the complexity of CCS requires a lot of time and work ) that is maddening and at the end, though, this could backfire leaving their customers in total disarray and in temptations of various competitors. This is almost disarming and self-injury (from a marketing point of view)

We just have to wait patiently, But until when all of their customers will be willing to wait?

scarvello

Posted: 06/09/2015, 3:29 AM

Hello,
Although there have been no updates I believe that the current version of CCS will be still widely used. CCS generates code that is very robust on server side and it uses a very good MVC model by separating logic from presentation.I use it for this purpose. All that operates on client-side can be manually applied by using several javascript libraries (like jquery, angular etc)
Onore

Posted: 06/11/2015, 12:33 PM

Quote saseow:
I still get replies from Greg at the help desk so certainly hope so.

2 saseow
Maybe you can get the answer from Greg at the help desk about Subj?

ps: I loved to use CSS 3 many years ago.
dpcritchley

Posted: 10/16/2015, 11:33 AM

Old thread, interesting that four months has passed without a reply from the developers. I too would like to know if this is still being developed.
Oper

Posted: 10/16/2015, 12:55 PM

Developer don't reply in this forum
This is a user to user forum help

Quote dpcritchley:
Old thread, interesting that four months has passed without a reply from the developers. I too would like to know if this is still being developed.

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
aewhite901

Posted: 10/20/2015, 4:34 PM

I am still waiting for a reply from 9th September 2015.
No response to follow up queries!
materix

Posted: 10/24/2015, 4:26 AM

The software has not been updated in years, so you can not assume that it is being developed.
solesz

Posted: 10/25/2015, 8:26 AM

It was exactly the same way before v5. Years without releases, then version 5.
The company still exists and has just released Themler.
Cheers
yusufakyol

Posted: 10/25/2015, 11:03 PM

Hi friends, developers...

Let's talk CCS alternatives... Please write your experience and offer? Do you have any alternative/alternatives?

Thanks all of you...

Posted: 11/30/2015, 8:21 AM

Quote solesz:
It was exactly the same way before v5. Years without releases, then version 5.
The company still exists and has just released Themler.
Cheers

That's great to hear. Slick looking application :):
http://answers.themler.com/articles/4695/video-tutorials
Dreamcatchers

Posted: 12/03/2015, 2:29 PM

I believe there is no other product out there that can match or beat CodeCharge Studio. So patience is needed.

Yes Software has traditionally had long release cycles.

Worrying about support not answering a user forum is easy. Place a support request. I get very prompt replies.

Posted: 12/05/2015, 1:50 AM

See if you can tell if this is CCS or not...

https://www.exeta.com.au/

Oper

Posted: 12/05/2015, 6:20 AM

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="CodeCharge Studio 5.1.1.18990">

Please do backup first
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 12/05/2015, 1:58 PM

Oper is correct. Backup backup backup.

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 12/05/2015, 1:58 PM

Oper is correct. Backup backup backup.

Waspman

Posted: 12/08/2015, 4:06 PM

What's Themler for? surely that work could have gone into making CCS even better. I'd have CCS as the engine with something like PineGrow for the UX/UI stuff. (I know there's artisteer, but I've never really liked it)

See if you can tell if this was done with CCS...

http://www.findapartnorwich.co.uk/

Posted: 12/09/2015, 10:10 AM

As long as the forums are active, there is reason to be optimistic for future releases. :)
Cris

Posted: 12/16/2015, 12:22 AM

Quote ccsminer:
As long as the forums are active, there is reason to be optimistic for future releases. :)

Totally agree with you

eratech

Posted: 12/21/2015, 7:12 PM

To add a different point of view - each time there is a major update, I have projects to migrate and test, and sometimes it's not worth going through the process.

These are Business web apps running on intranets, not simply websites.

So I have 2 projects in 4.3, 1 in 5.0.?? and rest in 5.1.1.18990.

Compared to updating and retesting every year, I don't mind the longer times between major versions.

Eric
gagnej

Posted: 01/06/2016, 8:27 AM

Can we have an honest response? Is CSS still developing (update/upgrade)? YES OR NO? and when?
I use CSS from ten years with many projets. I need some update for security, conviviality for mobile, converting PDF/Word, geocoding, etc., I don't find out other products that can perform like CSS.
Jacques G.
Oper

Posted: 01/06/2016, 5:27 PM

Quote gagnej:
Can we have an honest response? Is CSS still developing (update/upgrade)? YES OR NO? and when?
I use CSS from ten years with many projets. I need some update for security, conviviality for mobile, converting PDF/Word, geocoding, etc., I don't find out other products that can perform like CSS.
Jacques G.

everything you mention could be done with CCS

Please do backup first
kirchaj

Posted: 01/06/2016, 6:12 PM

Oper, you are absolutely correct but I still agree with gagnej. As a loyal customer and lover of CCS I believe we deserve better than this. Other products are moving ahead and I have major concerns for my projects. I am a one person show and rely heavily on CCS to make my work possible. New PHP versions, new project requirements, bugs, security concerns, and just an overall sense of concern have me looking for other options. I truly believe there is nothing better than CCS out there right now. Unfortunately history is not enough.

Tony
Waspman

Posted: 01/14/2016, 5:59 AM

Every time I start a new project I always look for an alternative to CCS before I start. If only there was. I use Appery.io for mobile development. it's okay but it's not CCS. I wish I was clever enough to build a RAD tool, but then I probably wouldn't be using CCS:)

Posted: 02/02/2016, 11:19 PM

I also waited a long time for a CCS update and eventually gave up. I'm now using PHPMaker, which is a modern, robust RAD tool that totally blows away CCS in many respects and is under active and constant development. Yes, it's slightly less flexible in that it doesn't have a WYSIWYG design tool to customize your pages. Instead, you use the built-in templates and themes, which are built on Bootstrap and frankly, end up looking way better than anything you could create in the CCS GUI anyway. PHPMaker offers many more components than CCS and its components are modern, unlike the antiquated HTML 4 components in CCS.

You do have the option to customize the templates in PHPMaker, but for most use cases, there's no need to. Most applications that people create with these tools are designed for B2B and functionality is more important than fancy designs. A great benefit of NOT customizing the layout is when you make changes, like adding fields, you click one button to regenerate the page and it automatically inserts the new fields. Again, for most purposes, this is more efficient than having to add the new field, then manually add it to your custom layout. There are so many other advantages to PHPMaker over CCS that it would take me an hour to write them all down. I suggest you download a trial version and see for yourself. And no, I don't work for them, I'm just a happy customer and a disappointed CCS customer.

By the way, I saw a few people mentioned Themler. I also use Themler, which is an incredible server-side web design tool, but I'm pretty sure that company has nothing to do with Yes Software. The only connection I'm aware of was that Artisteer, the predecessor product to Themler, included a module for creating CCS templates. However, they also included modules for numerous other platforms, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc...

Posted: 02/03/2016, 5:21 AM

Thanks to bkonia,

Yes, finally, I think, I found an alternative to CCS... I'm still testing PHPMaker... I hope some other CCS
developers also will check and test it. Please inform us about your opinions... Not only PHP also it has ASP, .Net and Java versions..

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login