CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Show database value in dependent listbox

Print topic Send  topic

oceandeep

Posted: 04/29/2015, 2:49 PM

Hello everyone.

I have something that is both a problem and a doubt today. I have 4 listboxes, 3 of them are dependent (kind of like this: 1<-2<-3<-4), in an editable grid. When I insert a new row there's no problem, but when the grid shows the saved information in the database, the dependent listboxes doesn't show the data from DB or any selected value. What I need is to make the listboxes get the stored value and/or the dependent information according to the situation.

Is there a way to do that?

I've tried some things with no success, "dynamically" modify the source for the dep. listbox in almost all the events of the grid and component, hide the listbox and show a textbox with the DB value instead in all the filled rows (in this case, the listbox never hid...), "modify" the service page of the dependent listbox to conditionally show one information or the other....

I'll be very thankfull to whoever has a solution for it. I hope it's not so hard to understand.

:-D
View profile  Send private message
oceandeep

Posted: 05/04/2015, 9:29 AM

Well, I found out how it's done. As expected, it was really easy.

I had left the Data Source, Bound Column and Text Column in the properties tab blank. I filled those properties with a data source that inner joined the table with the info. to show in the listbox's and the table that stores the info. from the grid. And that was it! I'm a bit embarrased hahaha :-D. I spent a day and a half figuring this out, well I've learnt something new.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/04/2015, 5:59 PM

oceandeep - glad you worked it out AND learned something new - it wasn't a waste then. :-)

I've done the same thing (not set the Control Source for a field ) and spent too much time checking the HTML and database.

Cheers

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login