CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

RESOLVEDmissing digit in field GetFromGet

Print topic Send  topic

beevet

Posted: 02/11/2015, 3:36 PM

I have a page that has a label that displays a URL parameter. I also have a hidden text field that holds that same field and is inserted into the database when the other fields are updated on the page.

On my home computer, this works fine. I publish the same project to the web using a similar database set up (MySQL) and it does not work. On the web, this label shows properly. The hidden has the value of the URL parameter without the first digit. If I make the URL parameter 99, the value of the hidden box is 9. If I make the url parameter 250, the hidden value is 50. If the URL is 9999 then the hidden value is 999.

Does anyone have any ideas for why this difference occurs between home machine and web server?

the label and the hidden are both populated using the Before Show Retrieve Value for Control action.

Thanks,

Chris
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 02/11/2015, 7:08 PM

Chris - damn fine question. Never had that occur.

All I can think is perhaps the formatting on the hidden field is doing it? Some difference in the values and the 'formatted' value, but I will admit I haven't seen the 'first' digit trimmed off, usually more a rounding thing at the end (99.99 => 100)

Also check the HTML 'maxlength' or 'size' values ( in the HTML not just the Properties) as I have had a quirk before where a textbox got 2 different 'size' or 2 different 'maxlength' parameters and it would use the first it came to. Manually deleting one fixed it.

Please let me know if you have any progress.

Eric
beevet

Posted: 02/12/2015, 3:29 AM

I do not think this is a CodeCharge thing, but a server configuration thing?

The field is a hidden text field that on the localhost shows correctly

The localhost setup works (apache 2.4.4, php 5.4.16, mysql 5.6.12)
url shows parameter amount=250.00
text field that displays as label shows 250.00
Hidden field has value=250.00

Same project uploaded to web (linus server, dont have all the specs)
url shows parameter amount=250.00
text field that displays as label shows 250.00
Hidden field has value=50.00

I am not seeing any html size limits:
<tr class="Controls">
<td class="th"><label for="Contentgiftgift_amount">
Gift Amount</label></td>
<td>{gift_amount} <input type="hidden"
id="Contentgiftgift_amount_hid"
value="{gift_amount_hid}" name="{gift_amount_hid_Name}">
</td>
</tr>

Chris

beevet

Posted: 02/12/2015, 7:19 AM

So, not sure why it did this. I did find out I was publishing to the wrong directory and that is why my updates did not seem to fix this. Publish to the right directory and then things worked right.

Chris
eratech

Posted: 02/12/2015, 6:39 PM

Chris
Thanks for the solution and for updating the topic.

Otherwise I would have spent a few hours this weekend playing with some tests (now I'll have to do real work instead...)

E
beevet

Posted: 02/13/2015, 2:38 AM

Thanks for the input, Eric.

In years gone by, I would probably have saved the file that I overwrote to see what had been set up incorrectly, but now happy to just know it worked and move on.

I had spent a lot of time trying to get 5.1 to work right on my new 64 bit laptop with win8.1. It was pretty frustrating for a while. Now, after learning that it only supports odbc that is 32 bit and getting that set up right, it seems to be working much better and I need to get going on some of the old projects I need to finish up. Off to pay for my annual renewal from Yes, glad this product is here and the forums have people that will offer help.

Chris

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login