CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Wasting Forum Space

Print topic Send  topic

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 01/12/2015, 1:25 PM

Ok, FirstlyI have done these things myself in the past so am not blameless, but I have to say something ....

Asking when a new version of CCS is going to appear is like pressing the button 100 times at a pedestrian crossing.
Keep pushing doesn't make the lights change quicker.

Keep pushing the elevator button won't make it arrive sooner, it just makes you look like an impatient git.

Talking about shifting development platforms because of CCS is like a trades person blaming their tools for a poor job.

It's PHP, ASP and Java Folks. No product is not perfect but if you learn your technologies before getting on here and having a whinge you can hold your projects together.

Do your home work, learn your code, learn how databases work, understand the maths required and the syntax of the language you are developing in and you will keep yourself together.

View profile  Send private message
Oper

Posted: 01/14/2015, 5:37 AM

Couldn't Have Said It Better

Quote :
It's PHP, ASP and Java Folks. No product is not perfect but if you learn your technologies before getting on here and having a whinge you can hold your projects together.

Do your home work, learn your code, learn how databases work, understand the maths required and the syntax of the language you are developing in and you will keep yourself together.

+1

so many crying post

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
amor

Posted: 01/14/2015, 5:38 AM

This is a good app. You can do almost everything you need to: quickly, efficiently, without unnecessary hundreds of queries to the database (like in popular CMS). In facts, I use code charge for generate simple CMS for every site or project. They can be simple, modular, flexible, with rich functionality.
Several disadvantages:
1. outdated built-in styles. But you can use styles, generated by Artisteer or any other tool: generate new DEsign or style and use in your project.
2. not enough plug-ins (for oauth, for billing, charts, etc.). This, is overcome without much difficulty. Once made and can be reused developments.
For me the main thing - the speed and sipmle components. For some tasks more suitable for CMS (wordpress, joomla, etc), for very customized better to write your own.
pkrawetz

Posted: 01/20/2015, 12:49 PM

Sorry but I totally disagree! You are paying these people to support the product and provide new releases. It has absolutely nothing to do with learning a language. We wouldn't need RAD tools like this.

Maybe Yes software needs to get off their asses and make a decision and publicize it. Then we wouldn't waste our time/money on a useless, error prone tool like this. I'm still waiting for a fix 2 years later. I've already moved on to another product for PHP RAD development that is 1000 times better than this.

I'm no longer giving Yes my money. Am I bitter, you're damn right I am. Paid for lack of support.

UPDATE SINCE I CAN'T SEEM TO POST A RESPONSE - MY GUESS IS CCS LOCKED IT - JERKS!

Would like to know how many new licenses they are selling along with the maintenance fees they are also collecting? The are continuing to make money on a POS product.

How do I quantify 1000 times better? The product works, bugs are fixed in a timely fashion, it's now on Version 8, it's a web based product so no more local install, has more features than CCS, and the biggest one - when you contact support and verify the bug THEY FIX IT!

And for those who have asked, the product is ScriptCase! I'm sure this response will get deleted once someone from CCS sees it... Best of luck to all who want to support this POS.
Garfieldus

Posted: 01/20/2015, 12:54 PM

Quote pkrawetz:
Sorry but I totally disagree! You are paying these people to support the product and provide new releases. It has absolutely nothing to do with learning a language. We wouldn't need RAD tools like this.

Maybe Yes software needs to get off their asses and make a decision and publicize it. Then we wouldn't waste our time/money on a useless, error prone tool like this. I'm still waiting for a fix 2 years later. I've already moved on to another product for PHP RAD development that is 1000 times better than this.

I'm no longer giving Yes my money. Am I bitter, you're damn right I am. Paid for lack of support.

Very well said pkrawetz. I have moved on too.

ccs.garfieldus.com
yusufakyol

Posted: 01/21/2015, 1:04 AM

Hi pkrawetz,

What is the RAD tool's name?

Thanks for your info.

Posted: 01/21/2015, 6:26 PM

Well, pkrawetz, if YES charged a large amount for maintenance then I would be on board with you. But, for $150 a year, and I ALWAYS get a response to my issue in no more than 2 days sometimes in hours, what would you want? If they raised their fee, they could afford maintenance and development. I like CCS. It does all I need. sure, there are things I would like to see added. I can wait. I looked at Script Case but it is a little pricey. There again, what am I willing to pay for what I get? The more that leave YES, the more likely those left will see less updates. I think their sales effort needs to be pumped up.

Posted: 01/22/2015, 2:41 AM

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 01/22/2015, 2:41 AM

How do you qualify it as 1000 times better ?

eratech

Posted: 01/22/2015, 4:05 PM

For the amount of time and effort it saves me, and compared to some of the support packages other companies charge, I would be happy with a modest increase in cost if it helped make a better product.

And per my signature, I originally used CCS for ASP (Classic) and migrated projects to PHP And DotNet so the common IDE and logical event model for all three languages is a massive timesaver for me. But I suspect I'm unusual, or so I've been told. :-D

Cheers

Eric
tedcc

Posted: 08/03/2015, 3:00 AM

Give the guys a break , probably heavily involved in the artisteer/themler project development.

http://themler.com/AboutUs

Cheers
Ktm200

Posted: 09/02/2015, 12:12 PM

I totally disagree for those of us that are users and are concerned about whether the company is a going concern and the quality of the product; it is more than reasonable for us to ask questions. What is not reasonable is if the company does not respond to them.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 09/02/2015, 6:57 PM

Seriously, re PHP - you haven't bothered to learn enough about your chosen programming languages or what you can do with this product and the ten different ways to do anything if you can't find a way to make everything work every time.

Admittedly, you might have to call an external library every now and then but so what?

Any language you choose will always be able to be complemented by some other add-on or library and that is and will always be the case no matter what platform.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login