CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

CCS Project files - External Source Control

Print topic Send  topic

wizkid

Posted: 11/16/2014, 11:41 PM

Anyone familiar with the way that CCS creates and utilizes it's project files (xml files, files with tilde ~)
We are implementing Github as source control for our projects.
We are trying to figure out which files (if any) can be safely ignored by the source control.
git can use a file called .gitignore for this purpose - but I have not been able to find any examples of this file for CCS. I'm hoping that with your help I can create such a file and share it with other CCS users. Maybe also a small tutorial for working with github...

Examples:
The file 'mydb_cache.xml' is always being updated by CCS. Would this file be automatically be updated by CCS if it were old but the rest of the code updated? What about other _cache or _DataDictionary xml files?

When saving a project - I see that CCS creates some (temporary) files that start with a tilde (~), if I make a change in file abc.html, CCS also creates the files ~abc0.html and ~~abc.html. Does anyone know the purpose of these files and if they can be ignored by source control? If yes, would it be safe to ignore ALL files that strat with a tilde?

Thanks in advance...
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 11/18/2014, 10:01 PM

As far as I know, the 'cache' XML files are for local caching of the DB schemas etc, and so would probably be regenerated anyway.

The ~abc.html are, I believe, temporary files when you are editing or previewing files (happy to be corrected but I get them usually when previewing or working on a page)

I have my projects in SVN and usually add 'ignore' to very few files so I'm not left with "where is that one small very important file" that CCS needs.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login