CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

editable grid occasionally doesn't update

Print topic Send  topic

netsys

Posted: 10/29/2014, 1:18 PM

I'm using an editable grid that's been working pretty well for quite some time to allow multiple rows to be updated at once in a table. Every now and then, like maybe once every 20 or 30 times I use it, the update doesn't happen. There are no errors but the update doesn't take place. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of rows being shown (sometimes there are 10, sometimes there are 70). I can't reliably make it happen, and don't know how to put any error checking in place, since I'm using the custom update function on the form, so am not doing the SQL insert by hand. Any ideas?
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 10/29/2014, 9:10 PM

Have a look at the one of the common files that handles the database connection (eg: for mysql it is 'db_mysql.php' on my PHP project) and there is a 'debug' parameter near the top

There should be something similar in the ASP project - set it to 1 and publish just that file and it will print ALL the SQL queries used on a page.

Otherwise, you can add some 'response.write(sqlquery)' lines to the Before Update events. Or you can also save text to a session variable and then display that on the screen.

Eric
netsys

Posted: 10/30/2014, 8:38 AM

Thanks - I was able to write out the SQL for the datasource for my editable grid in the Before Update area. I wasn't quite able to figure out how to get it to show me the data it was writing as it looped through the rows to update the table though. I've actually changed my custom update to use SQL instead of table, and am now unable to reproduce the error. I found a few other people, in looking around, who had success with this. As I said, this isn't an error that happens very often, so hopefully I've fixed it now with the change.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 10/30/2014, 7:56 PM

Glad you had some (possible) success. The Database Debug flag is very useful.

Eric

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login