CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Example Pack with PHP and Perl

Print topic Send  topic

bfarber

Posted: 07/01/2014, 8:43 AM

Hello,

I just started with CodeCharge and generated the Example Pack applications. They work just fine when generating as PHP with Templates. When I generate as Perl with Templates, they generate without errors or warnings and when I choose to open them in a browser, they display fine, but there is no data displayed in the forms or lists/grids. If I try to insert data, I get a page not found error.

The ExamplePack Access database seems fine and the data is displayed fine when PHP generated. I'm guessing there is some configuration I am not setting, but didn't see anything specific in Help for a solution.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you

Ben
View profile  Send private message
bfarber

Posted: 07/01/2014, 11:49 AM

I looked into this more and think it's because I opened the .html file (eg MasterDetail.html) in my browser. There are extensions of .cgi also there, but when I try to open them, I just get a big page of text beginning with the following:

#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe #Setting library path @1-83333C98 BEGIN { use FindBin; $Common::WorkDir = $FindBin::Bin . "/"; $Common::PathToRoot = $Common::WorkDir . "../"; } use lib $Common::PathToRoot; #End Setting library path package MasterDetail::MasterDetail::clsGridemployees_grid; #employees_grid class @23-57F65F55 #Inheritance for the clsGridemployees_grid class @23-88FF63AE use Common; use Sorter; use Navigator; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw/MasterDetail::MasterDetail

Thoughts much appreciated,

Ben
bfarber

Posted: 07/02/2014, 1:33 AM

I've set all the Apache conf settings such as ScriptAlias, AddHandler, etc. but still not getting the applications to display data. Example configuration and other suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you
eratech

Posted: 07/02/2014, 3:24 AM

Not sure what you are running on, but I like the XAMPP approach:

https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html - and installs the LAMP stack with minimum of config, including perl

Alternatively, there is the 'turnkey' approach

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/lampstack

Install the VM and then publish to it (I run a Win 7 VM for CCS dev and a 'Client-like' test server VM that I upload files to test) and saves a lot of setup and config mucking around.

Cheers

Eric
lyleholc

Posted: 07/08/2014, 11:35 AM

Hi Eric,

I'm running on Windows and using BitNami wampstack which also includes PERL. But the generated CodeCharge application is not displaying the example pack data. It uses an Access database for all the examples. Is there a DBI or other database interface that needs to be installed for the examples to work?

Thank you.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login