CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

tabbed view and ajax

Print topic Send  topic

RoyBaird

Posted: 06/08/2014, 8:32 AM

Have several tabs in a tabbed view. When search key is selected, each tab will use that key to pull into the grid or record in that tab panel. But that refreshes the page. How can I use ajax to fill in the gid/record? How would it work with updating the tables in the database? Have looked for examples, but can't find them.

Thanks for the help...

Posted: 06/08/2014, 3:35 PM

Those Ajax tabs are messy.

I use a CSS menu with UL links to represent tabs and a java script on each button to create a URL parameter.

Then place panels on the page and use visible/not visible switches based on URL parameter...

A bit of work but you never have to worry about "defaulting to first tab" or Update Panel location going screwy because you have to use one if you don't want the "defaulting to first tab problem"

View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 06/08/2014, 3:47 PM

I've PM'ed you with an example as I cannot paste here - won't allow something in my syntax ...

RoyBaird

Posted: 07/13/2014, 8:44 AM

Can you send me the example as well?

I am trying to use the YUI library in CCS and it is very fragile. Has to be an easier and more reliable way to achieve the same results.

Thanks,

Posted: 07/14/2014, 3:53 AM

http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=123307

RoyBaird

Posted: 07/17/2014, 11:51 PM

resolved... almost

in order to use an update panel and tabbed view with tabbed tab, the update panel has to be the first container, then the tabbed view panel, then the tabbed tab. For my project, I have one tab with the grid and record objects. Now when I select a record from the grid, it populates the record form without a refresh, when a change is made to a record, the grid updates without a refresh. only 1 issue now to resolve. The record form does not clear out the data after a submit or delete. The update and delete happens on the database, just the record still shows the data. As soon as I figure out what to do, I will post here..

Keep the faith...

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login