CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Resolved: Unable to Reactivate CCS 4.3 after Hard Drive Crash

Print topic Send  topic

Rick

Posted: 05/09/2014, 4:46 AM

Apparently a servers issue per Support looking at it.

So I was able to Re-Activate it without the below steps. t I did the regedit step but did not ever run anything as Admin, or any of the other things I tried previously. Simply ran CCS, filled out the screen, and let it automatically update.

========================================
I need to Reactivate CCS 4.3 after Hard Drive Crash.

My computer hard drive crashed so I had to reinstall CCS 4.3 from a backup exe I had (Also tried with fresh download from YesSoftware site. After install, at startup codecharge program it is looking to activate.

Tried activating unsuccessfully then contacted CC support on 5/4/14 (5 days ago) and after a number of unsuccessful attempts at reactivating and input from CCS support did the following time consuming effort many times to try to rule out issues that could possibly get in the way of reactivating:

1. Ran CodeChargeStudio4 uninstall.
2. Ran regedit deleting all YesSoftware directories/settings
3. Changed User Access Control to lowest least secure setting (ie. Disables UAC).
4. Rebooted as required for User Access Control change to take effect.
5. Disabled Norton Firewall, anti-virus, etc. protection for duration of install and activation attempt.
6. Installed CCS4.3 Running install as an Admin
7. Ran newly installed CCS4 as Admin
8. Activation Attempts:
a. Tried Auto activate (left that option checked) from the CCS Activation info screen and got error:
"Error occurred in communicating with host computer"
b. Then Tried using link for Website Activation and got error:
"Error Code 4323 Please wait 30 seconds"
Of course I waited 30 seconds many times in each of the many attempts I have made so far to reactivate CCS.

Also, took a look at Virus software history to confirm nothing was blocked by that software.

Also, tried activating from a different computer using CCS activation URL. That computer does not have any YesSoftware installed.

I also tried to connect manually to that same CCS activation URL with my Android Note3 Smartphone browser with WiFi Off so there would be no issue of Firewall, port block, etc. from my Cable provider Internet service. Phone error message returned when submitted was:
"oops, Web page not available. Is your network connection dry. Refresh Web page". 
When I refreshed the phone browser (Android phone) the browser page goes back to the activation input screen but all data blank. I sent codecharge support an email showing the phone print screen image with that error message, which like the other error messages using the other 2 ways to activate (auto or go to the activation URL) seems to point to the YesSoftware server, not any firewall. 

The only other thing I can think to try is going to a public wireless internet which would should rule out any ISP block of a port or something or set up my phone as a wireless hotspot and connect my laptop to that to rule out the Cable ISP as an issue..

My last post to CodeCharge support I asked what had to get through so I would have some idea what the problem was since it is hard to solve an undefined problem. The support person did not answer that but said he referred it to the developers. I asked for YesSoftware to send my the activation via email but they did not respond to that. I asked they call me and did not respond to that. I told them I would provide whatever info they may need to verify I bought the software, etc.

I am desperate to get back to work.

I also read number of activations can cause an issue. My sucessful activations have been:
1) When I first bought the 4.x upgrade from version 3.x.
2) I may have moved it over to a new laptop.
3) I did have one other harddrive crash. I do remember the details of reinstalls after that one.

Other options:

1) Buy another copy but if I can not reactivate than I probably could not activation a new purchase as the error messages as seen above suggest a server problem from YesSoftware. In any case I should not have to buy another copy, especially of this old version as I wanted to save to buy the new version. But the new version would not help with my existing immediate support websites needs.

2) Buy a new computer. However, the computer is working fine. Yes it took time to rebuild from the crash but all other software products I had to reactivate were reactivated without a problem. So I do not think it is the laptop. It is a fresh install of Windows Professional, etc.

Sorry for the length of this post. I am exasperated and desperate to get back to work before I get fired. My clients want results, not excuses and if the hours I have put in to reactivate this one product add up to about $1000 in time, if it were billable.

Environment
Win7 Professional -Fresh install after hard drive crash, Norton Virus & Firewall, IE9, linux, php, mysql, Server: Linux
Product
CodeCharge Studio 4.3
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login