CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Image Upload + User-id

Print topic Send  topic

Wreckmaster

Posted: 04/07/2014, 5:04 AM

I have an image upload facility for logged in members, is it possible for me, with the upload form to grab the user_id from the session and store in data base (for each image uploaded).
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 04/07/2014, 6:05 AM

Add a hidden field e.g. user_id to the upload form and in the default value for that field enter CCGetSession("UserID"). Obviously you will have the user_id field (integer) in the database as well.
Wreckmaster

Posted: 04/08/2014, 3:36 AM

Thank you saseow.
I should have said I had tried this already, when I add a new control to the file upload form the published page (live page) is blank . I code for the upload component is in the class file, I am assuming its in there I will need to make changes ?.
saseow

Posted: 04/08/2014, 5:36 AM

That is very strange. I would think that something else is very wrong.
I have several projects where I have added the file upload component to record forms that have many other input fields and hidden fields.
The only thing I can suggest is to redo the form from scratch. Something must be corrupted somewhere.
If nothing works you could add the user id to the record after the form has been submitted with the $last_id = mysql_insert_id() thingy.
Sorry I can not be of more help.
Wreckmaster

Posted: 04/09/2014, 2:16 AM

Thanks Saseow
This form belongs to an old project I am updating (about 3yrs) , I just noticed that I had used the upload form from Example Pack 2 , as it had features which suited what I was doing at the time.
But still can not add a hidden control on this form .
saseow

Posted: 04/09/2014, 3:38 AM

Strange. I guess your only bet is to add the ID into the record in the after insert event or redo the entire form from scratch. That is something I have had to do on several occassions.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login