CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Hidden fields in CCS 5.1

Print topic Send  topic

agatacorreia

Posted: 03/25/2014, 4:09 AM

Hi guys,

I've migrated to CCS 5.1 and I'm experiencing some limitations. One of them is related with insertion of hidden fields or simply the fact of these not being displayed in the new CCS 5.1.
Is there any work around for this?

Cheers,

Agata Correia

Posted: 03/27/2014, 1:32 AM

No problems inserting hidden fields, but others have suggested doing it from HTML view not Design view, and see if that helps.

Mind you, today I couldn't insert a Line Break directly in Design mode (crashed CCS entirely) but it worked in HTML mode. But I do run the computer 24hours a day so I restarted CCS and it's been fine today.

Eric
agatacorreia

Posted: 04/03/2014, 7:45 AM

Dear Eratech,

Thanks for the hint. Still I'm experiencing other problems with my CCS 5.1 after the upgrade from the 5.0 to 5.1:
- cannot edit my previous php functions, whenever I do this the design of the page is messed up
- some pages of the projects when open, the records are not correctly displayed in the page
- when adding new fields, after compiling the previous field are not considered by HTML and disappear from the page;

So basically, whenever I do a change, something is messed up.. I'm getting really frustrated with this new version. Any clue to fix the problems mentioned above?

Cheers,

Agata

Posted: 04/03/2014, 5:44 PM

That's really weird.

I am using 5.1 on Win 7 and haven't had those problems, but I have only done new projects on 5.1, and am planning to migrate some of my other 4.3 to 5.1 over the next few months, so I guess I haven't experienced the migration problems that others are having.

I have had problems with ASPX pages not updating from Design changes in a .NET project but that's not a huge issue for that project (few changes) I certainly haven't had problems with my PHP projects though.

Not a lot more I can offer I'm sorry.

Eric
steveni

Posted: 04/03/2014, 5:58 PM

I have had all of those problems and more.
I use Windows 8.1 which I know will raise eyebrows.
The problems are all related to CCS modifying page code and basically stuffing it.
Very rarely does the code look the same between opening and closing a page.
No problems in general for new pages but any existing pages are a problem.
My whole business was built on adding database functionality to web designers web sites.
CCS does so much damage to these third party sites that a simple change can result in hours of work trying to fix the issues.
CCS hates embedded flash, non HTML 5 pages, any inline styling, and much more.
I spend so much time adding code as includes or writing as echo php just to get around what the editor does.
Spent 3 months trying to emulate CCS with Dreamweaver and that is a whole nightmare in itself.
I wish Yes would even acknowledge these problems but they just don't respond.
I have given up.
View profile  Send private message
headhunter

Posted: 07/31/2014, 3:32 AM

Guys,

I have also lots of problems and still have some support tickets open at Yessoftware that are in review by the developers.
I found this:

Renaming of fields and labels doesn't work anymore.
Hidden fields disappear in design view
The "Show all tags" in the CCS options doesn't show the tags
And some more troubles...

But I know what the problem is but I have no solution or workaround.
The problem is javascript that is added to the page when using features etc.
Just try to make a new clean page and add a form (without the builder, just a simple form)
Now test renaming, hide a field etc. You will notice that all is working like expected.
Now add a feature to the form. Doesn't mather which one, just pick one, no configuration needed)
Notice all tags in design mode disappear instantly and all other problems arrise also.

It has nothing to do with windows 8.1 or windows 7 or wathever. Tested all those stuff.

I hope Yess will show up with a stable version soon. This product is not usable anymore in a normal manner. Sad.

Regards

Bart
blade6900

Posted: 08/07/2014, 10:18 AM

any workaround for this hidden field issue? You're right, it works in manual forms, but not when the form was added by builder.

Thanks.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login