CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

5.0 to 5.1 Autocomplete Broken

Print topic Send  topic

laneoc

Posted: 03/15/2014, 3:07 PM

After converting my project from 5.0 to 5.1, all autocomplete functions are broken - both Yahoo and Prototype.

I can remove each autocomplete and add a new one back one. But is this what is supposed to happen from 5.0 to 5.1?

If I only had a couple, I just do them and move on. But I've got over 400.

Posted: 03/17/2014, 3:11 AM

go to Option->Option->Code Editor then check the Enable Auto Complete Check Box.
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 03/17/2014, 5:28 AM

Ganesan - Lane means the AJAX-y 'autocomplete' searches provided with Yahoo and Prototype, not the CCS code autocomplete when you are typing.

Lane - I haven't noticed that problem specifically, but I've rarely used the Prototype ones and on the rare occasions I needed autocomplete, I used a jQuery plug-in instead.

But I understand the pain - 400 of them is a bit of work - I can't help, but you have my sympathy.

Eric
mor

Posted: 03/17/2014, 5:52 AM

Quote eratech:
Ganesan - Lane means the AJAX-y 'autocomplete' searches provided with Yahoo and Prototype, not the CCS code autocomplete when you are typing.

Lane - I haven't noticed that problem specifically, but I've rarely used the Prototype ones and on the rare occasions I needed autocomplete, I used a jQuery plug-in instead.
CCS 5.1 were fully migrated to jQuery instead YUI, Prototype, etc.
Important: you will convert your features to jQuery (using automation dialog, displayed on project conversion). Without it you will continue to use old libraries and some of features can work improperly.
Simplest way to check - create new page with auto complete.

Posted: 03/17/2014, 9:45 PM

mor - thanks, I hadn't noticed that conversion but it will save me some time in future (I've still got a couple of major projects in 4.3 and a new 5.1, and only one converted 4.3->5.1)

One of my 4.3 projects that I used jquery in, was that the client wanted an autocomplete that showed name, company, and payroll number, and they had to be in neat columns. I decided to do it as a separate block of jquery instead of muddying the waters with CCS events. I could debug it a lot easier than CCS's jquery additions.

E

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login