CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Where is Support?

Print topic Send  topic

clahti2

Posted: 02/20/2014, 4:01 PM

Hello all:

I just renewed my CCS license as I have many legacy project to maintain. I have a long outstanding issue regarding SQLite support being completely broken in all versions of CCS5, with original support tickets created many months back. Eventually Yes sent me a patch which got this working in 5.0 for the most part, however since 5.1x releases this patch no longer works and completely foo-bars CCS5. Here is the 5.0 patch for anyone interested, I have no idea why they didn't incorporate these fixes into the production code:

http://support.yessoftware.com/files/Patch983948658.zip

I have tried to get status on this, posted a new case and updated the old, but I have not heard back, no email, not a peep. They happily took my license $$ though.

Anyone else experiencing the silence? I am a long time user of CCS, probably more than 10 years and have always thought this product could/should be very successful. Support please contact me. Can anyone shed light with what is going on over at Yes Software?

Thanks!

/Christian
View profile  Send private message
arangyi

Posted: 02/20/2014, 5:13 PM

Yes,
I have used CCS about 5 years, but I have 4+ questions, bug reports, and issues waiting for reply.
Their last version of CCS is so buggy. But there is no upgrade any more (last upgrade was the October, 2013)
I'm afraid that something happend to them.

Jay
pkrawetz

Posted: 02/21/2014, 4:36 AM

I've had a problem ticket open with support for over a month and still no resolution. I've sent them numerous files, screen prints and documents. Still nothing. All I get for a response is sorry it is taking so long to get back to me. Then they ask for the same files all over again. Extremely disappointed with this customer service.
clahti2

Posted: 02/21/2014, 11:30 AM

I did finally get a reply back today, checking with developers. At least this is progress, although that is the last response on my issue since November 2013 on this issue.
clahti2

Posted: 02/21/2014, 11:31 AM

I did finally get a reply back today, checking with developers. At least this is progress, although that is the last response on my issue since November 2013 on this issue.
clahti2

Posted: 02/21/2014, 11:32 AM

clahti2

clahti2

clahti2

solesz

Posted: 02/21/2014, 3:18 PM

Maybe you do not know the fact, that Yessoftware (and Extensoft / Artisteer) development is done in Ukraina (in the very same office - probably in Simferopol, that's why Artisteer supports CodeCharge, as 0.01% product besides of Joomla and others)
Nowadays Ukraina is busy with internal affairs.
But Yessoftware will come back. It happened in the past they had not released any update for 2 years, then CCS5 arrived. So keep calm.
clahti2

Posted: 02/21/2014, 10:36 PM

I appreciate your comments, and I have been exceedingly patient with Yes Software. I am a 10 year user of CCS, my main issue is I am dead in the water without SQLite support, something that worked and now does not. This is not a new feature I seek, I only wish to continue to develop the existing projects I have. Regarding quality control, what kind of software company does not do regression testing on PUBLICLY STATED features and releases a product with major functionality completely and obviously broken? I understand bugs completely, the company I work for does both hardware and software, and we have had our share of issues like any other company. That being said if we found a major chunk of our software broken after issuing a new release this would get fixed ASAP, not 4 months later (and counting).

One more point to make, I was provided a patch to make CCS 5.0 work, and it did for the most part, no data dictionary but I don't care about that feature. The question is, if they had code to fix this why did they not include those fixes in the trunk of their software code so subsequent minor point releases continue to work as expected? It just does not make any sense. I have nothing but good things to say about CCS to anyone that asks me, it can be an awesome product and a great productivity enhancer, however I am stuck at the moment, dead in the water on existing projects because of this. We are talking broken since November 2013, prior to that the 5.0 patch worked adequately, but completely breaks 5.1.
solesz

Posted: 02/24/2014, 5:18 AM

Yessoft is not very powerful when it comes to support and bugresolution and even strange like they handle issues. Shame on them.
I know what are you talking about, hence I had single patches for CCS4.0, 4.1 not included in later releases. I think it has to do somthing around beta testing, because the separate patches, which are solving small issues should have been tested before relasing them. I think, Yessoft is happy if the patch is working in your special case and do not want to run exhausting testing on it systemwide.

I am not going to find excuses for Yes being lazy cats on product management. There are no excuses. :(
Cris

Posted: 02/24/2014, 9:42 AM

However, I have always had prompt responses from YesSoftware during my support request .
What are the causes of this malfunctions for you ?

clahti2

Posted: 02/24/2014, 12:29 PM

I honestly do not know what the problem is technically speaking. CCS uses ODBC for database connectivity in design mode, I cannot imagine why ODBC access to SQLite datasources would be broken in any case. They added native MySQL connectors in 5.x, however any normal ODBC standardized interface should continue to work. From a project that has both MySQL and SQLite connections, the MySQL works fine, however this is the error when testing the SQLite datasource:

Test Connection Failed because of provider Initialization error.
ERROR [HY000] connect failed
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

I will Google this, but Yes has the fix as evidenced by previously provided patches.

/Christian
clahti2

Posted: 02/24/2014, 1:09 PM

As a test to see if the underlying 32bit ODBC is broken, I ran sqlrunner test for one of my SQLite datasources. The test was successful so this confirms it is a CCS problem:

C:\Users\clahti\Downloads\sqlrun>sqlrun.exe -Irancidconf.ini rancidconf.sql
Command Line SQL Runner 32 bit, (C) 2003-2013 by DTM soft, http://www.sqledit.co
m
Configuration file is 'C:\Users\clahti\Downloads\sqlrun\rancidconf.ini'

1 columns found
3 rows. 0.00 seconds
1 columns found
3 rows. 0.00 seconds

Oper

Posted: 02/24/2014, 1:35 PM

the problem is During Design Mode?

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
clahti2

Posted: 02/24/2014, 2:48 PM

Yes, in design mode. I am on 64bit Windows 7 however the 32bit SQLite ODBC driver is installed and confirmed working on datasources. It probably would be easier if Yes software provided a 64bit version of CCS, it is probably just a compile time flag on their part, I imagine they are using Visual Studio and .NET framework for the actual CCS codebase, but this could be wildly inaccurate speculation on my part :).
Oper

Posted: 02/24/2014, 3:00 PM

Did you try creating DSN connection:

c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
clahti2

Posted: 02/24/2014, 3:18 PM

c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe is the correct 32bit ODBC administrator, and I verified the underlying ODBC connection works with a 32bit test. I have discovered that NEW projects seem to work OK, however upgraded projects do not. I will pass this along to CCS support, this is a major discovery!
clahti2

Posted: 02/24/2014, 3:20 PM

holy moly even the data dictionary works! New projects only, a converted 5.0 to 5.1 is totally foo-bar'ed still, but making progress :-)
mor

Posted: 02/25/2014, 3:17 AM

Quote clahti2:
Yes, in design mode. I am on 64bit Windows 7 however the 32bit SQLite ODBC driver is installed and confirmed working on datasources. It probably would be easier if Yes software provided a 64bit version of CCS, it is probably just a compile time flag on their part, I imagine they are using Visual Studio and .NET framework for the actual CCS codebase, but this could be wildly inaccurate speculation on my part :).
Flag in Visual Studio can be enabled only for small simple applications. If you use third party components (for GUI, browser, DB tools) it's not very easy. You will have problems not only with 32\64 bit, but also with versions of .NET Framework, versions of included drivers, maybe something also.
Maybe some developers use 32 bit OS and they also will have new problems.

On developer config I use Win7 64 bit + SQL Server or MySQL (for different project) and don't have major problems (but don't try SQLLite).

Posted: 02/27/2014, 9:21 AM

Hi,

For the time being, having a lot 32bit machine all over does not make too much sense, to port the application into 64bit. Codecharge does not lack memory. It even runs smoothly with winxp/win7/win8 with 2 GB ram. If one keeps the odbc 32/64 rules, then no problem occur.

solesz
JohnJohnJohn

Posted: 03/14/2014, 11:39 PM

I sent a request for support yesterday and 24 hours later I got a reply...telling me I do not have a support agreement. of course that is incorrect because I do have a support agreement that is good until April 28, 2014. so I sent them a copy of the email where they confirmed my payment and it has now been 6 hours and I have not heard back from them.

I guess I may have to wait now until Monday to get another response from them. Pretty frustrating.
JohnJohnJohn

Posted: 03/19/2014, 8:23 PM

still nothing...tomorrow makes one week...starting to think there will be no point in renewing my support agreement and sending more money to Yes next month...
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 03/20/2014, 2:30 AM

If their developers are in the Ukraine might be a bit hard for them at the moment ....

kirchaj

Posted: 03/20/2014, 6:36 AM

I put in a case a couple days ago and got a fairly quick response. A typical uninstall and reinstall response but still pretty quick.
JohnJohnJohn

Posted: 03/21/2014, 1:11 PM

I got a response from them yesterday saying they had IT problems and would help with my issues but I am still waiting for the help. I just feel paid support should not take 8+ days! hope they can help me soon.
JohnJohnJohn

Posted: 05/12/2014, 1:31 AM

A month later they were unable to resolve my issue. And I was very frustrated because of the huge delay between every communication with them...sometimes days and sometimes a week or more between communications.

I solved my problem a different way and decided not to renew my support with them when it expired at end of April.

However, HUGE THANKS to Helen who tried to help me!
jhonmith17

Posted: 06/03/2014, 11:22 PM

I was also try to solve this problem but unable to fix it.

Posted: 06/10/2014, 8:52 AM

We need to stop making excuses for poor support. Shouldn't matter where they are. I've had a ticket open for 6 months now and still no resolution. They are just taking your support money and not providing anything. Stop paying them and maybe someone will buy the product and support it. I've moved on to a competitor product that is much better.
 Page 1 of 2  Next Last

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login