CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

How to make a report with a static style?

Print topic Send  topic

lemonmuffin

Posted: 01/14/2014, 3:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been trying out the report builder of CCS and I found that, althought it's very complete, there's something in the design I don't like much and would like to know if there's a way to fix it. Apparently the details part of the record grows depending on the amount of information the report has, so obviously the height of it changes. For a project I have I need to make it formulate invoices that always looks kind of like this, it doesn't matter how many products/things are in it, specially, I want it to maintain the position of the part with the Total at the bottom of the page (I'll try to illustrate):
| Product1 | $$|
| Product2 | $$|
| |
| |
|_____________|
| Total | $$|
|_____________|

To explain a bit more, I need a way to make this report with preset (or something) height/width/border and/or margins properties that do not change even if the description of the products is too long, or the products are too few. I read somewhere that some things could be done in the HTML mode, but I tried it out and was only able to modify the width of it.....

Does anyone have any ideas??? (Hope I made myself clear enough :-/)

Thanks!
View profile  Send private message
laneoc

Posted: 01/14/2014, 4:35 PM

A barebones way: add a height to your table which presents the report.

Posted: 01/17/2014, 8:04 AM

Hello,

Thank you for answering, however what you mentioned does not work the way I want. I had actually tried it out before asking, still tried it again just in case I had missed something but it changed nothing, the Details part still gets filled and it's height changes dynamically. :-/

I don't know if it's just because that's how CCS works, or if there is a way to make the report's structure stay still like a .jpg.......................
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login