CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

Strange behavior in grids

Print topic Send  topic

AndyGB4

Posted: 01/06/2014, 8:30 AM

Hey guys,
Something strange is happening to many of my grids lately...

I always use CSS styling to alternate my rows (the one from the builder).
But lately, Codecharge has been messing with that line of code on its own when I publish. (not every single time though, can't figure out what's triggering it).

the line generated by the Builder is this (which is correct):
----------------
<!-- BEGIN Row -->
<tr {gridNameHere:rowStyle}>
----------------

but often, when I publish, it gets automatically changed to this:
----------------
<!-- BEGIN Row -->
<tr {gridamehere:rowstyle}>
----------------

Notice the lowercase? This causes a NullReferenceException because it can't find the grid...

Is there anything I can do about this? I'm using the latest CodeCharge update by the way. This issue was common before and after I did the update, so i believe it's unrelated to that.

Also, I created a brand new page, and used the builder to create a Search+Grid, with alternate rows with CSS, and the issue appeared immediately after I published...

I've notified support, a month ago, and still haven't heard back from them since they said "We'll ask the developpers"... That's been over 3 weeks ago now.

So I was hoping someone else has seen this issue before and has a solution for it.

Thank you for your help,
I just can't figure this out!
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 05/06/2014, 5:59 PM

Andy - just wondering - is your app something that was upgraded from CCS 4.x to CCS 5?

I've noticed a couple of minor things with my ASP.NET apps that were migrated (some CCS v3->v4->v5) - not your lower case issue, but some other little regeneration quirks.

I guess it will be an internal thing unless you want to dig through the XML template files that CCS uses to generate a lot of it?

Eric
wppanjb

Posted: 06/27/2014, 3:13 AM

hi, i'm getting the same rowstyle issue. (i submitted a new post in General/Other category)

did you manage to solve the issue?

i just found out that it is related to windows update. (work just fine before windows update)
AndyGB4

Posted: 06/27/2014, 6:48 AM

Hey guys,

First off, this program was started in CCS5.
Although, some of my other projects that I did change from 4 to 5 have had some weird things happening too, but not this specific thing.

Second, i still haven't found a fix :( I've just been fixing it manually whenever I need to. It's quite annoying.

And by windows update, what Windows are you on?
I'm currently on Windows 8. And I haven't updated to 8.1 yet, because I've read about many CCS users who got huge problems when they upgraded.

I had contacted Support a while back, but they didn't do anything about it.
wppanjb

Posted: 06/29/2014, 9:05 PM

Hi AndyGB4,

We are on windows 7 pro 64 bits. At this moment, still not sure which windows update is causing the issue, cause we formatted the pc, installed the CCS5.1, then perform the windows update (all important security updates), there are 100+ updates.

The codecharge supports told me they are working on it and if possibly a patch for this issue. Hope can get good news from them soon.
Salwa

Posted: 04/14/2015, 12:27 AM

Does anyone know where and how I can override the defaults which appear to be 30 seconds

Posted: 04/14/2015, 6:38 PM

Quote Salwa:
Does anyone know where and how I can override the defaults which appear to be 30 seconds

Spambot has only copied half of rbaldwin's comment on SQL Timeouts:

Quote :
Posted by: rbaldwin, 08/25/2014, 9:14 AM
So, I know there are 2 types of timeouts. Connection & Command.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login