CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CCS 4.3 crash on win 8.1 64bit

Print topic Send  topic

solesz

Posted: 12/12/2013, 3:10 AM

Hi,

- starting new project directly casue application crash in CCProject.dll
- after opening a project, try to change the server cause crash in CCProject.dll too

the exception code: c0000005

If anyone else encounter this please respond. I go to support now, but worth to know if I am not alone with this.

solesz

p.s. I am using CCS5.1 too, there is no problem at all, but I do not want to migrate this old project, 'beacuse it would bring more problem than benefit - if I can edit in CC4.3 ... If not, then there is only one way I know...
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 12/12/2013, 8:35 PM

If you followed the threads abot windows 8.1 you would know that the only version of CCS that runs on 8.1 is CCS5.1.

I am in the same boat as you and I eventually just rolled back to Windows 8. Seems like we are stuck there.
solesz

Posted: 12/12/2013, 11:47 PM

Hi,

For projects which are already exist, there is a workaround.
In registry you can easily find the key where the active server name is stored.(If not I will guide you)
Change it to the server name you want to use (the server name you have to copy here, is one from the dropdown list within codecharge)
Then start ccs.
Voila.

If you want change again, then save project, quit, do the process above. Start ccs.

For new projects right now I suggest to use an old one as a skeleton, or put a ccs43 onto an old machine even just for demo mode, create the new project, then transfer it to win8.1 Using win8.1 compatibility mode leads into error dialog.
I have ccs51 licence and I encourage you to buy it. Then new projects won't be a problem anymore.

solesz

Oper

Posted: 12/13/2013, 4:42 AM

we have one CCS 4.3 in one Laptop Windows 8 64bit

working very smooth without a problem.

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
saseow

Posted: 12/13/2013, 11:15 PM

Yup, the problem is that you cannot run any CCS version other than 5.1 in Window 8.1.
That is the big let-down. All versions work fine in Windows 8.
solesz

Posted: 12/20/2013, 7:26 AM

Oper: the 8.0 is O.K. I run it flawless. 8.1 is changed the life for me. Let me know if you are successful on 8.1 too.

Furthermore I tried to run it in Administrator mode, hence the c0000005 type error code sometimes refer to memory access problems due to access rigth problems.
I issued the problem support, where kindly directed me to the version 5.1, but also said, the problem forwarded to the developers of CodeChargeStudio.
I think there is a minor problem in the CCProject.dll file causing the memory access fault. But it is not something scientific approach from me :)

Good news: As far as I can tell, I am still successfully develop the already existing project. No other issues I found so far. Only new project or server change kill the process.

solesz

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login