CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

CodeCharge Tools (codechargetools.com) - Warning

Print topic Send  topic

vdanvoye

Posted: 11/27/2013, 8:02 AM

For years, I had been using the dependent listboxes builder sold by codechargetools.com. Was working like a charm.

I recently had an issue with the license of the product - because I started using CCS5. So I tried to contact them to fix the issue. My first message to them was sent 3 months ago. I sent 3 messages in total, still no answer received.

So, if you are considering purchasing products from those guys, think twice!

Vincent
View profile  Send private message
alogism

Posted: 11/27/2013, 8:06 AM

Not valid post. Never had problems with support. Think twice before saving such feedback as true in your mind.
vdanvoye

Posted: 11/27/2013, 8:15 AM

Really? After 3 months, no reaction from support yet? Is this what you call good support?
alogism

Posted: 11/27/2013, 8:20 AM

It really depends on how you are asking. If that's not a secret please put here the context.
vdanvoye

Posted: 11/27/2013, 8:58 AM

I use CCT in a professional context, not for fun stuff. I'm a professional as well, I do know how to ask for help ;-)

But after seeing no reaction, you tend to become a bit p***** off. I've seen other threads in this forum about this lack of support.

I've been using CCT with CCS4 for years, as I said, this was a great add-on (and still is if you're on CCS4). I am now using CCS5.0 (still compatible with CCT) and therefore downloaded the CCT extensions again - but I cannot activate the product (error message). So it cannot be used anymore - and believe me, it is a pain to build dependend listboxes from scratch in my project.

So yes, the product is great if you're on CCS4. But support is simply non-existent. You just have to know that before purchasing stuff from them.
alogism

Posted: 11/27/2013, 9:22 AM

I am using CCS from 2002 and there were always mostly positive moments. I can see latest release of Dependent Listboxes Builder 6.01 issued 3/27/2012 while latest stable CCS on October 29, 2013. It is really not so ellegant to argue.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 11/28/2013, 8:44 PM

I've made some unnecessary rants in the past, but in saying that I also purchased CCT DLB and it didn't work with v5 and my support requests went completely ignored.

Best way is to use the DLB's from v4.3 and copy the pages into a v5 project.

They run quite well and can be custom modified as required, easily.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login