CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

your experience wanted - convert 4.3 without InMotion to 5.1 with InMotion

Print topic Send  topic

rbaldwin

Posted: 11/26/2013, 9:09 AM

I have a rather large project (400+pages) - More of an application than a website.,

I started it about 6yrs ago in 4.3 without InMotion (before InMotion existed), it has been growing ever since. Almost every page has custom coding.

I was told by support that i could simply open the project in 5.1 and it would convert it to a 5.1 with inMotion project, but that i would have to edit every event and re code to conform with the inMotion syntax

So, i did that, but to my surprise, my site seems to all work without me having to recode my custom code.

Does anyone else have experience converting non InMotion to InMotion that they could share?
View profile  Send private message
cvboucher

Posted: 11/26/2013, 10:01 AM

Back before InMotion I created several webapps in 4.3 and have since created several more in 5.1 with InMotion. I've found this link helpful.

http://code.google.com/p/inmotion-framework/wiki/HowTo

One bit of code I use quite a bit to get access to controls in grids, reports and records is:

GridName.GetControl<MTTextBox>("MyControlName").Value = DateTime.Now;

Replace GridName with the name of your grid, record or report.
Replace MTTextBox with the type of control you are accessing.
Replace MyControlName with the name of your control.
Replace Value with the property you are interested it.

It's a little easier to get at a control from its Before Show event.

((MTTextBox) sender).Text = "Job"

For numbers and dates I like to set the Value property because the control's format will be used on the final render.

There is a help file at the link above that I've found helpful.

I also like to create some library .dll's in Visual Studio and drop them in the bin folder of the website. This helps minimize the custom code in CCS events and with code reuse. Plus it's a lot easier to write code in Visual Studio with its IntelliSense.

HTH,
Craig
rbaldwin

Posted: 11/26/2013, 12:07 PM

Thanks Craig. I appreciate the help.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login