CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

FTP Explicit Over TSL... How?

Print topic Send  topic

luiscarlosh

Posted: 11/23/2013, 5:10 PM

The site I need to upload have "FTP Explicit Over TSL", I dont find In CodeCharge how configure tthat, please help...

Posted: 11/25/2013, 1:45 AM

Hi Luis - try setting it up the Project Settings > Publishing, and choose a server (by default Server 1 is Local/Network and Server 2 is 'FTP')

There should be a checkbox next to the 'FTP' that allows some SFTP/SSH. Try that first, with your other server/login/password details

Since starting to write this, I have read a bit more about the "FTP Explicit over TSL" (eg:
http://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/help/Contents/Concepts/FTPWithTLS-SSL.html )

leads me to think that Codecharge cannot do it by itself and you might need a stand-alone FTP program like FileZilla.

In that case you could do a 2-step process to publish to a local address, then republish to the server. There might also be some tools that automate the process (eg: http://www.nchsoftware.com/fling/ )

Hope it helps

E
luiscarlosh

Posted: 11/25/2013, 8:24 AM

Unfortunately does not work-Secure Connection option SFTP/SSH- inlcuded in Code Charge. Likewise, there is nothing written in support of CCS regard.

In fact I had been going through FileZila files. For now I'll have to continue doing so.

It's just that DEMANDS more additional steps taken that make the process of testing the application. Especially if the local server does not have the necessary features and is needed to test directly on the remote server.

I think it is a serious failure of CCS. Hopefully that include that option in the future.

Posted: 11/25/2013, 3:30 PM

Ok, It's not ideal but it will get you around the TLS requirement.

Regarding the 'publish locally first' you don't need to have a running server with features, you only need a folder to publish the files to. Then FileZilla them from there to the server.

Have look for the auto-uploading FTP software that checks for changes in files in a folder. That will smooth the process.

E

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login